Date   

Re: DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

Balázs Némethi
 

Hi Daniel,

You can find out more here:  https://digitalcredentials.mit.edu/
and it is a W3C CCG taskforce (at the moment) - for that, join W3C CCG 

best,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 8:59 AM Daniel Leung <Daniel.leung2005@...> wrote:
Hi Eric,

I am interested to participate int he education credential exchange. Please advise how I can get onto that working group.

Thanks.

Daniel

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 5:42 AM Eric Welton (Korsimoro) <eric@...> wrote:

Dear DIF APAC/ASEAN call members,

This week, on Mar 26th, is our 3rd DIF APAC/ASEAN group call, and there has been a lot of activity in our community.

1. Covid
2. Sovrin
3. Secure Data Storage
4. SSI in Education
5. Community connections
- DID study group
- OpenID Connect hacking effort

1. Covid

I would like to let everyone know about this effort at building Verifiable Credential support specifically to help address Covid.

2. Sovrin

This month the Sovrin Foundation underwent some changes as announced in this post on Mar 16: Next Steps for the Sovrin Foundation

In short, the Sovrin Foundation is downshifting from a large staff to a much smaller organization and is moving to a "network of networks" model where the current Sovrin Public Network is just one of multiple SSI networks.

The current Sovrin Network continues to be fully operated by the 60+ Sovrin stewards, and the disturbance to the Sovrin Foundation will be minimal as it is largely a volunteer effort already.  Transition efforts are detailed in this presentation and Riley Hughes, a long time member of the Sovrin Foundation and co-founder of Streetcred.id wrote this excellent Medium Post.

The work of the Sovrin Foundation working groups and task forces will continue largely without interruption.  For example, within the next few weeks the IoT task force will be releasing a draft white paper on SSI and IoT and later this week the Guardianship task force will be hosting a presentation on SSI and Modern Slavery.  Details can be found in the Governance Working Group meeting page (including instructions for joining an APAC call)

3. SDS Scoping Call

The Secure Data Storage project, lead by Manu Sporny - is the beginning of a new DIF effort to build common ground and infrastructure across the numerous Secure Data Storage solutions that we are collectively building.  Last week was the 2nd call, and the next meeting will take place at the 4 pm ET on Thursday, 26th March.

To join the mailing list, visit this page: SDS Mailing list and sign up using the button.
  • This is not yet IPR protected mailing list - do not mention or bring up patents, the focus is still on scoping the work. 
  • There is a WIKI on the left sidebar with the links to the documents we used today
  • The call recording is also in the WIKI
Those who were unable to attend the meeting, please use the documents shared in the WIKI. If you have something to add or questions, use the scoping document, and comment/suggest changes.  

If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

4. SSI In Education

The W3C CCG (Credentials Community Group) has a subgroup catering to the use of Verifiable Credentials in Education.  This work is led by Kim Hamilton-Duffy who heads the Digital Credentials Consortium, and is one of the premier drivers of the digital credentials in education effort.

Recordings of the CCG-vc-education call can be found here.

Kim has also shared a slide presentation from her recent presentation at the DIF Bi-Weekly general meeting.

I have a personal goal of seeing educational credential exchange, in action, across at least 5 sites in the APAC/ASEAN region, so please reach out to me if this is of interest.  With Covid we will work through the internet, but the goal is to demonstrate some form of executing credential exchange by the end of the year.

5. Community Connections
5.1 Study group in Kansai (Japan)
I wanted to say a special thank you to the DID study group that assembled and held an online meeting recently.  If possible, I would love to hear from members of that group and tell us how it went.  I understand from Martin that the topics range from technical to philosophical, which is typical of this topic but hopefully enjoyable.

5.2 OpenID Connect
I want to apologize for the slow start here, but I wound up getting quarantined (in room) in Buenos Aires and have let a few balls drop.  Several people responded with interest in an OpenID connect effort - and I will be sending out another email shortly to everyone who responded.  Some people were already on the list, but interestingly, some were not.

I also wanted to mention a few companies I know are working on an OpenID connect integration (Finema.co) or have one working (https://self-ssi.com/en/) - both companies have members registered on our call!

Lasty - the Financial-Grade API for OpenID has a Pacific region friendly call, with details here and past session notes in this bitbucket wiki.


with that, I hope everyone has a safe and covid-free week and I look forward to seeing everyone Thursday,

  Eric Welton



--
Balázs Némethi
@Taqanu


Re: DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

Daniel Leung
 

Hi Eric,

I am interested to participate int he education credential exchange. Please advise how I can get onto that working group.

Thanks.

Daniel

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 5:42 AM Eric Welton (Korsimoro) <eric@...> wrote:

Dear DIF APAC/ASEAN call members,

This week, on Mar 26th, is our 3rd DIF APAC/ASEAN group call, and there has been a lot of activity in our community.

1. Covid
2. Sovrin
3. Secure Data Storage
4. SSI in Education
5. Community connections
- DID study group
- OpenID Connect hacking effort

1. Covid

I would like to let everyone know about this effort at building Verifiable Credential support specifically to help address Covid.

2. Sovrin

This month the Sovrin Foundation underwent some changes as announced in this post on Mar 16: Next Steps for the Sovrin Foundation

In short, the Sovrin Foundation is downshifting from a large staff to a much smaller organization and is moving to a "network of networks" model where the current Sovrin Public Network is just one of multiple SSI networks.

The current Sovrin Network continues to be fully operated by the 60+ Sovrin stewards, and the disturbance to the Sovrin Foundation will be minimal as it is largely a volunteer effort already.  Transition efforts are detailed in this presentation and Riley Hughes, a long time member of the Sovrin Foundation and co-founder of Streetcred.id wrote this excellent Medium Post.

The work of the Sovrin Foundation working groups and task forces will continue largely without interruption.  For example, within the next few weeks the IoT task force will be releasing a draft white paper on SSI and IoT and later this week the Guardianship task force will be hosting a presentation on SSI and Modern Slavery.  Details can be found in the Governance Working Group meeting page (including instructions for joining an APAC call)

3. SDS Scoping Call

The Secure Data Storage project, lead by Manu Sporny - is the beginning of a new DIF effort to build common ground and infrastructure across the numerous Secure Data Storage solutions that we are collectively building.  Last week was the 2nd call, and the next meeting will take place at the 4 pm ET on Thursday, 26th March.

To join the mailing list, visit this page: SDS Mailing list and sign up using the button.
  • This is not yet IPR protected mailing list - do not mention or bring up patents, the focus is still on scoping the work. 
  • There is a WIKI on the left sidebar with the links to the documents we used today
  • The call recording is also in the WIKI
Those who were unable to attend the meeting, please use the documents shared in the WIKI. If you have something to add or questions, use the scoping document, and comment/suggest changes.  

If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

4. SSI In Education

The W3C CCG (Credentials Community Group) has a subgroup catering to the use of Verifiable Credentials in Education.  This work is led by Kim Hamilton-Duffy who heads the Digital Credentials Consortium, and is one of the premier drivers of the digital credentials in education effort.

Recordings of the CCG-vc-education call can be found here.

Kim has also shared a slide presentation from her recent presentation at the DIF Bi-Weekly general meeting.

I have a personal goal of seeing educational credential exchange, in action, across at least 5 sites in the APAC/ASEAN region, so please reach out to me if this is of interest.  With Covid we will work through the internet, but the goal is to demonstrate some form of executing credential exchange by the end of the year.

5. Community Connections
5.1 Study group in Kansai (Japan)
I wanted to say a special thank you to the DID study group that assembled and held an online meeting recently.  If possible, I would love to hear from members of that group and tell us how it went.  I understand from Martin that the topics range from technical to philosophical, which is typical of this topic but hopefully enjoyable.

5.2 OpenID Connect
I want to apologize for the slow start here, but I wound up getting quarantined (in room) in Buenos Aires and have let a few balls drop.  Several people responded with interest in an OpenID connect effort - and I will be sending out another email shortly to everyone who responded.  Some people were already on the list, but interestingly, some were not.

I also wanted to mention a few companies I know are working on an OpenID connect integration (Finema.co) or have one working (https://self-ssi.com/en/) - both companies have members registered on our call!

Lasty - the Financial-Grade API for OpenID has a Pacific region friendly call, with details here and past session notes in this bitbucket wiki.


with that, I hope everyone has a safe and covid-free week and I look forward to seeing everyone Thursday,

  Eric Welton


Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [dif-apac-asean] DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

Eric Welton (Korsimoro)
 


Hello all - and thank you Kristina and Naohiro for publishing the information,

I am including some key links below - it does seem like it disappeared from calendars! ;)

best,
 -e


On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 1:41 AM Kristina Yasuda via Groups.Io <kristina.yasuda=microsoft.com@groups.io> wrote:

1600-1700 JST this Thursday, I believe. https://zoom.us/j/655628076;

 

Kristina Yasuda

Cloud Developer Advocates Program Manager

My working hours may not be your working hours. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside of your normal work schedule. 

 

From: dif-apac-asean@DIF.groups.io <dif-apac-asean@DIF.groups.io> On Behalf Of Naohiro Fujie via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:21 AM
To: dif-apac-asean@dif.groups.io
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [dif-apac-asean] DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

 

Hi,

 

What time does it start from?

 

2020324() 3:42 Eric Welton (Korsimoro) <eric@...>:

 

Dear DIF APAC/ASEAN call members,

This week, on Mar 26th, is our 3rd DIF APAC/ASEAN group call, and there has been a lot of activity in our community.

1. Covid
2. Sovrin
3. Secure Data Storage
4. SSI in Education
5. Community connections
- DID study group
- OpenID Connect hacking effort

1. Covid

I would like to let everyone know about this effort at building Verifiable Credential support specifically to help address Covid.

2. Sovrin

This month the Sovrin Foundation underwent some changes as announced in this post on Mar 16: Next Steps for the Sovrin Foundation

In short, the Sovrin Foundation is downshifting from a large staff to a much smaller organization and is moving to a "network of networks" model where the current Sovrin Public Network is just one of multiple SSI networks.

 

The current Sovrin Network continues to be fully operated by the 60+ Sovrin stewards, and the disturbance to the Sovrin Foundation will be minimal as it is largely a volunteer effort already.  Transition efforts are detailed in this presentation and Riley Hughes, a long time member of the Sovrin Foundation and co-founder of Streetcred.id wrote this excellent Medium Post.


The work of the Sovrin Foundation working groups and task forces will continue largely without interruption.  For example, within the next few weeks the IoT task force will be releasing a draft white paper on SSI and IoT and later this week the Guardianship task force will be hosting a presentation on SSI and Modern Slavery.  Details can be found in the Governance Working Group meeting page (including instructions for joining an APAC call)

 

3. SDS Scoping Call

 

The Secure Data Storage project, lead by Manu Sporny - is the beginning of a new DIF effort to build common ground and infrastructure across the numerous Secure Data Storage solutions that we are collectively building.  Last week was the 2nd call, and the next meeting will take place at the 4 pm ET on Thursday, 26th March.

 

To join the mailing list, visit this page: SDS Mailing list and sign up using the button.

·       This is not yet IPR protected mailing list - do not mention or bring up patents, the focus is still on scoping the work. 

·       There is a WIKI on the left sidebar with the links to the documents we used today

·       The call recording is also in the WIKI

Those who were unable to attend the meeting, please use the documents shared in the WIKI. If you have something to add or questions, use the scoping document, and comment/suggest changes.  

 

If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

 

4. SSI In Education

 

The W3C CCG (Credentials Community Group) has a subgroup catering to the use of Verifiable Credentials in Education.  This work is led by Kim Hamilton-Duffy who heads the Digital Credentials Consortium, and is one of the premier drivers of the digital credentials in education effort.

 

Recordings of the CCG-vc-education call can be found here.

 

Kim has also shared a slide presentation from her recent presentation at the DIF Bi-Weekly general meeting.

 

I have a personal goal of seeing educational credential exchange, in action, across at least 5 sites in the APAC/ASEAN region, so please reach out to me if this is of interest.  With Covid we will work through the internet, but the goal is to demonstrate some form of executing credential exchange by the end of the year.

 

5. Community Connections

5.1 Study group in Kansai (Japan)

I wanted to say a special thank you to the DID study group that assembled and held an online meeting recently.  If possible, I would love to hear from members of that group and tell us how it went.  I understand from Martin that the topics range from technical to philosophical, which is typical of this topic but hopefully enjoyable.

 

5.2 OpenID Connect

I want to apologize for the slow start here, but I wound up getting quarantined (in room) in Buenos Aires and have let a few balls drop.  Several people responded with interest in an OpenID connect effort - and I will be sending out another email shortly to everyone who responded.  Some people were already on the list, but interestingly, some were not.

 

I also wanted to mention a few companies I know are working on an OpenID connect integration (Finema.co) or have one working (https://self-ssi.com/en/) - both companies have members registered on our call!

 

Lasty - the Financial-Grade API for OpenID has a Pacific region friendly call, with details here and past session notes in this bitbucket wiki.

 

 

with that, I hope everyone has a safe and covid-free week and I look forward to seeing everyone Thursday,

 

  Eric Welton


Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [dif-apac-asean] DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

Naohiro Fujie
 

Thanks Kristina,

Unfortunately, I have another meeting in the same slot... I hope someone will share meeting minutes.

Naohiro

2020年3月24日(火) 13:41 Kristina Yasuda via Groups.Io <kristina.yasuda=microsoft.com@groups.io>:

1600-1700 JST this Thursday, I believe. https://zoom.us/j/655628076;

 

Kristina Yasuda

Cloud Developer Advocates Program Manager

My working hours may not be your working hours. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside of your normal work schedule. 

 

From: dif-apac-asean@DIF.groups.io <dif-apac-asean@DIF.groups.io> On Behalf Of Naohiro Fujie via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:21 AM
To: dif-apac-asean@dif.groups.io
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [dif-apac-asean] DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

 

Hi,

 

What time does it start from?

 

2020324() 3:42 Eric Welton (Korsimoro) <eric@...>:

 

Dear DIF APAC/ASEAN call members,

This week, on Mar 26th, is our 3rd DIF APAC/ASEAN group call, and there has been a lot of activity in our community.

1. Covid
2. Sovrin
3. Secure Data Storage
4. SSI in Education
5. Community connections
- DID study group
- OpenID Connect hacking effort

1. Covid

I would like to let everyone know about this effort at building Verifiable Credential support specifically to help address Covid.

2. Sovrin

This month the Sovrin Foundation underwent some changes as announced in this post on Mar 16: Next Steps for the Sovrin Foundation

In short, the Sovrin Foundation is downshifting from a large staff to a much smaller organization and is moving to a "network of networks" model where the current Sovrin Public Network is just one of multiple SSI networks.

 

The current Sovrin Network continues to be fully operated by the 60+ Sovrin stewards, and the disturbance to the Sovrin Foundation will be minimal as it is largely a volunteer effort already.  Transition efforts are detailed in this presentation and Riley Hughes, a long time member of the Sovrin Foundation and co-founder of Streetcred.id wrote this excellent Medium Post.


The work of the Sovrin Foundation working groups and task forces will continue largely without interruption.  For example, within the next few weeks the IoT task force will be releasing a draft white paper on SSI and IoT and later this week the Guardianship task force will be hosting a presentation on SSI and Modern Slavery.  Details can be found in the Governance Working Group meeting page (including instructions for joining an APAC call)

 

3. SDS Scoping Call

 

The Secure Data Storage project, lead by Manu Sporny - is the beginning of a new DIF effort to build common ground and infrastructure across the numerous Secure Data Storage solutions that we are collectively building.  Last week was the 2nd call, and the next meeting will take place at the 4 pm ET on Thursday, 26th March.

 

To join the mailing list, visit this page: SDS Mailing list and sign up using the button.

·       This is not yet IPR protected mailing list - do not mention or bring up patents, the focus is still on scoping the work. 

·       There is a WIKI on the left sidebar with the links to the documents we used today

·       The call recording is also in the WIKI

Those who were unable to attend the meeting, please use the documents shared in the WIKI. If you have something to add or questions, use the scoping document, and comment/suggest changes.  

 

If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

 

4. SSI In Education

 

The W3C CCG (Credentials Community Group) has a subgroup catering to the use of Verifiable Credentials in Education.  This work is led by Kim Hamilton-Duffy who heads the Digital Credentials Consortium, and is one of the premier drivers of the digital credentials in education effort.

 

Recordings of the CCG-vc-education call can be found here.

 

Kim has also shared a slide presentation from her recent presentation at the DIF Bi-Weekly general meeting.

 

I have a personal goal of seeing educational credential exchange, in action, across at least 5 sites in the APAC/ASEAN region, so please reach out to me if this is of interest.  With Covid we will work through the internet, but the goal is to demonstrate some form of executing credential exchange by the end of the year.

 

5. Community Connections

5.1 Study group in Kansai (Japan)

I wanted to say a special thank you to the DID study group that assembled and held an online meeting recently.  If possible, I would love to hear from members of that group and tell us how it went.  I understand from Martin that the topics range from technical to philosophical, which is typical of this topic but hopefully enjoyable.

 

5.2 OpenID Connect

I want to apologize for the slow start here, but I wound up getting quarantined (in room) in Buenos Aires and have let a few balls drop.  Several people responded with interest in an OpenID connect effort - and I will be sending out another email shortly to everyone who responded.  Some people were already on the list, but interestingly, some were not.

 

I also wanted to mention a few companies I know are working on an OpenID connect integration (Finema.co) or have one working (https://self-ssi.com/en/) - both companies have members registered on our call!

 

Lasty - the Financial-Grade API for OpenID has a Pacific region friendly call, with details here and past session notes in this bitbucket wiki.

 

 

with that, I hope everyone has a safe and covid-free week and I look forward to seeing everyone Thursday,

 

  Eric Welton


Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [dif-apac-asean] DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

Kristina Yasuda
 

1600-1700 JST this Thursday, I believe. https://zoom.us/j/655628076;

 

Kristina Yasuda

Cloud Developer Advocates Program Manager

My working hours may not be your working hours. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside of your normal work schedule. 

 

From: dif-apac-asean@DIF.groups.io <dif-apac-asean@DIF.groups.io> On Behalf Of Naohiro Fujie via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:21 AM
To: dif-apac-asean@dif.groups.io
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [dif-apac-asean] DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

 

Hi,

 

What time does it start from?

 

2020324() 3:42 Eric Welton (Korsimoro) <eric@...>:

 

Dear DIF APAC/ASEAN call members,

This week, on Mar 26th, is our 3rd DIF APAC/ASEAN group call, and there has been a lot of activity in our community.

1. Covid
2. Sovrin
3. Secure Data Storage
4. SSI in Education
5. Community connections
- DID study group
- OpenID Connect hacking effort

1. Covid

I would like to let everyone know about this effort at building Verifiable Credential support specifically to help address Covid.

2. Sovrin

This month the Sovrin Foundation underwent some changes as announced in this post on Mar 16: Next Steps for the Sovrin Foundation

In short, the Sovrin Foundation is downshifting from a large staff to a much smaller organization and is moving to a "network of networks" model where the current Sovrin Public Network is just one of multiple SSI networks.

 

The current Sovrin Network continues to be fully operated by the 60+ Sovrin stewards, and the disturbance to the Sovrin Foundation will be minimal as it is largely a volunteer effort already.  Transition efforts are detailed in this presentation and Riley Hughes, a long time member of the Sovrin Foundation and co-founder of Streetcred.id wrote this excellent Medium Post.


The work of the Sovrin Foundation working groups and task forces will continue largely without interruption.  For example, within the next few weeks the IoT task force will be releasing a draft white paper on SSI and IoT and later this week the Guardianship task force will be hosting a presentation on SSI and Modern Slavery.  Details can be found in the Governance Working Group meeting page (including instructions for joining an APAC call)

 

3. SDS Scoping Call

 

The Secure Data Storage project, lead by Manu Sporny - is the beginning of a new DIF effort to build common ground and infrastructure across the numerous Secure Data Storage solutions that we are collectively building.  Last week was the 2nd call, and the next meeting will take place at the 4 pm ET on Thursday, 26th March.

 

To join the mailing list, visit this page: SDS Mailing list and sign up using the button.

·       This is not yet IPR protected mailing list - do not mention or bring up patents, the focus is still on scoping the work. 

·       There is a WIKI on the left sidebar with the links to the documents we used today

·       The call recording is also in the WIKI

Those who were unable to attend the meeting, please use the documents shared in the WIKI. If you have something to add or questions, use the scoping document, and comment/suggest changes.  

 

If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

 

4. SSI In Education

 

The W3C CCG (Credentials Community Group) has a subgroup catering to the use of Verifiable Credentials in Education.  This work is led by Kim Hamilton-Duffy who heads the Digital Credentials Consortium, and is one of the premier drivers of the digital credentials in education effort.

 

Recordings of the CCG-vc-education call can be found here.

 

Kim has also shared a slide presentation from her recent presentation at the DIF Bi-Weekly general meeting.

 

I have a personal goal of seeing educational credential exchange, in action, across at least 5 sites in the APAC/ASEAN region, so please reach out to me if this is of interest.  With Covid we will work through the internet, but the goal is to demonstrate some form of executing credential exchange by the end of the year.

 

5. Community Connections

5.1 Study group in Kansai (Japan)

I wanted to say a special thank you to the DID study group that assembled and held an online meeting recently.  If possible, I would love to hear from members of that group and tell us how it went.  I understand from Martin that the topics range from technical to philosophical, which is typical of this topic but hopefully enjoyable.

 

5.2 OpenID Connect

I want to apologize for the slow start here, but I wound up getting quarantined (in room) in Buenos Aires and have let a few balls drop.  Several people responded with interest in an OpenID connect effort - and I will be sending out another email shortly to everyone who responded.  Some people were already on the list, but interestingly, some were not.

 

I also wanted to mention a few companies I know are working on an OpenID connect integration (Finema.co) or have one working (https://self-ssi.com/en/) - both companies have members registered on our call!

 

Lasty - the Financial-Grade API for OpenID has a Pacific region friendly call, with details here and past session notes in this bitbucket wiki.

 

 

with that, I hope everyone has a safe and covid-free week and I look forward to seeing everyone Thursday,

 

  Eric Welton


Re: DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

Naohiro Fujie
 

Hi,

What time does it start from?

2020年3月24日(火) 3:42 Eric Welton (Korsimoro) <eric@...>:


Dear DIF APAC/ASEAN call members,

This week, on Mar 26th, is our 3rd DIF APAC/ASEAN group call, and there has been a lot of activity in our community.

1. Covid
2. Sovrin
3. Secure Data Storage
4. SSI in Education
5. Community connections
- DID study group
- OpenID Connect hacking effort

1. Covid

I would like to let everyone know about this effort at building Verifiable Credential support specifically to help address Covid.

2. Sovrin

This month the Sovrin Foundation underwent some changes as announced in this post on Mar 16: Next Steps for the Sovrin Foundation

In short, the Sovrin Foundation is downshifting from a large staff to a much smaller organization and is moving to a "network of networks" model where the current Sovrin Public Network is just one of multiple SSI networks.

The current Sovrin Network continues to be fully operated by the 60+ Sovrin stewards, and the disturbance to the Sovrin Foundation will be minimal as it is largely a volunteer effort already.  Transition efforts are detailed in this presentation and Riley Hughes, a long time member of the Sovrin Foundation and co-founder of Streetcred.id wrote this excellent Medium Post.

The work of the Sovrin Foundation working groups and task forces will continue largely without interruption.  For example, within the next few weeks the IoT task force will be releasing a draft white paper on SSI and IoT and later this week the Guardianship task force will be hosting a presentation on SSI and Modern Slavery.  Details can be found in the Governance Working Group meeting page (including instructions for joining an APAC call)

3. SDS Scoping Call

The Secure Data Storage project, lead by Manu Sporny - is the beginning of a new DIF effort to build common ground and infrastructure across the numerous Secure Data Storage solutions that we are collectively building.  Last week was the 2nd call, and the next meeting will take place at the 4 pm ET on Thursday, 26th March.

To join the mailing list, visit this page: SDS Mailing list and sign up using the button.
  • This is not yet IPR protected mailing list - do not mention or bring up patents, the focus is still on scoping the work. 
  • There is a WIKI on the left sidebar with the links to the documents we used today
  • The call recording is also in the WIKI
Those who were unable to attend the meeting, please use the documents shared in the WIKI. If you have something to add or questions, use the scoping document, and comment/suggest changes.  

If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

4. SSI In Education

The W3C CCG (Credentials Community Group) has a subgroup catering to the use of Verifiable Credentials in Education.  This work is led by Kim Hamilton-Duffy who heads the Digital Credentials Consortium, and is one of the premier drivers of the digital credentials in education effort.

Recordings of the CCG-vc-education call can be found here.

Kim has also shared a slide presentation from her recent presentation at the DIF Bi-Weekly general meeting.

I have a personal goal of seeing educational credential exchange, in action, across at least 5 sites in the APAC/ASEAN region, so please reach out to me if this is of interest.  With Covid we will work through the internet, but the goal is to demonstrate some form of executing credential exchange by the end of the year.

5. Community Connections
5.1 Study group in Kansai (Japan)
I wanted to say a special thank you to the DID study group that assembled and held an online meeting recently.  If possible, I would love to hear from members of that group and tell us how it went.  I understand from Martin that the topics range from technical to philosophical, which is typical of this topic but hopefully enjoyable.

5.2 OpenID Connect
I want to apologize for the slow start here, but I wound up getting quarantined (in room) in Buenos Aires and have let a few balls drop.  Several people responded with interest in an OpenID connect effort - and I will be sending out another email shortly to everyone who responded.  Some people were already on the list, but interestingly, some were not.

I also wanted to mention a few companies I know are working on an OpenID connect integration (Finema.co) or have one working (https://self-ssi.com/en/) - both companies have members registered on our call!

Lasty - the Financial-Grade API for OpenID has a Pacific region friendly call, with details here and past session notes in this bitbucket wiki.


with that, I hope everyone has a safe and covid-free week and I look forward to seeing everyone Thursday,

  Eric Welton


DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

Eric Welton (Korsimoro)
 


Dear DIF APAC/ASEAN call members,

This week, on Mar 26th, is our 3rd DIF APAC/ASEAN group call, and there has been a lot of activity in our community.

1. Covid
2. Sovrin
3. Secure Data Storage
4. SSI in Education
5. Community connections
- DID study group
- OpenID Connect hacking effort

1. Covid

I would like to let everyone know about this effort at building Verifiable Credential support specifically to help address Covid.

2. Sovrin

This month the Sovrin Foundation underwent some changes as announced in this post on Mar 16: Next Steps for the Sovrin Foundation

In short, the Sovrin Foundation is downshifting from a large staff to a much smaller organization and is moving to a "network of networks" model where the current Sovrin Public Network is just one of multiple SSI networks.

The current Sovrin Network continues to be fully operated by the 60+ Sovrin stewards, and the disturbance to the Sovrin Foundation will be minimal as it is largely a volunteer effort already.  Transition efforts are detailed in this presentation and Riley Hughes, a long time member of the Sovrin Foundation and co-founder of Streetcred.id wrote this excellent Medium Post.

The work of the Sovrin Foundation working groups and task forces will continue largely without interruption.  For example, within the next few weeks the IoT task force will be releasing a draft white paper on SSI and IoT and later this week the Guardianship task force will be hosting a presentation on SSI and Modern Slavery.  Details can be found in the Governance Working Group meeting page (including instructions for joining an APAC call)

3. SDS Scoping Call

The Secure Data Storage project, lead by Manu Sporny - is the beginning of a new DIF effort to build common ground and infrastructure across the numerous Secure Data Storage solutions that we are collectively building.  Last week was the 2nd call, and the next meeting will take place at the 4 pm ET on Thursday, 26th March.

To join the mailing list, visit this page: SDS Mailing list and sign up using the button.
  • This is not yet IPR protected mailing list - do not mention or bring up patents, the focus is still on scoping the work. 
  • There is a WIKI on the left sidebar with the links to the documents we used today
  • The call recording is also in the WIKI
Those who were unable to attend the meeting, please use the documents shared in the WIKI. If you have something to add or questions, use the scoping document, and comment/suggest changes.  

If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

4. SSI In Education

The W3C CCG (Credentials Community Group) has a subgroup catering to the use of Verifiable Credentials in Education.  This work is led by Kim Hamilton-Duffy who heads the Digital Credentials Consortium, and is one of the premier drivers of the digital credentials in education effort.

Recordings of the CCG-vc-education call can be found here.

Kim has also shared a slide presentation from her recent presentation at the DIF Bi-Weekly general meeting.

I have a personal goal of seeing educational credential exchange, in action, across at least 5 sites in the APAC/ASEAN region, so please reach out to me if this is of interest.  With Covid we will work through the internet, but the goal is to demonstrate some form of executing credential exchange by the end of the year.

5. Community Connections
5.1 Study group in Kansai (Japan)
I wanted to say a special thank you to the DID study group that assembled and held an online meeting recently.  If possible, I would love to hear from members of that group and tell us how it went.  I understand from Martin that the topics range from technical to philosophical, which is typical of this topic but hopefully enjoyable.

5.2 OpenID Connect
I want to apologize for the slow start here, but I wound up getting quarantined (in room) in Buenos Aires and have let a few balls drop.  Several people responded with interest in an OpenID connect effort - and I will be sending out another email shortly to everyone who responded.  Some people were already on the list, but interestingly, some were not.

I also wanted to mention a few companies I know are working on an OpenID connect integration (Finema.co) or have one working (https://self-ssi.com/en/) - both companies have members registered on our call!

Lasty - the Financial-Grade API for OpenID has a Pacific region friendly call, with details here and past session notes in this bitbucket wiki.


with that, I hope everyone has a safe and covid-free week and I look forward to seeing everyone Thursday,

  Eric Welton


Re: Study group in Kansai (Japan)

martin@...
 

Thanks for everyone attending yesterday,

the topics ranged a bit from philosophical to political and technical. Lets keep it on the technical side for the next meeting which we will have in a month.

yours
Martin


Re: Study group in Kansai (Japan)

martin@...
 

Hello Naohiro,

I think you should have received a google hangout link. Looking forward to the presentation.

yours
Martin


Re: Study group in Kansai (Japan)

Naohiro Fujie
 

Hello Martin,

I'd like to join online today. I'd like to show my presentation which I have used to explain DID to the Financial Service Agency last month.

Naohiro

2020年3月10日(火) 21:52 <martin@...>:

I do not know what the "PoC project using uPort" means but I am happy to learn about it ^_^. About the web meeting tools: Not sure we will create content that anybody wants to watch, other than that: I am planning to prepare a video setup before the meeting.
 
yours
Martin Heidegger


IIWXXX #30 🐝 Is Going Virtual #30 🐝

Eric Welton (Korsimoro)
 

Hello all,

This is the 15th year of the Internet Identity Workshop - a truly unique event, and one that has proven pivotal in developing much of the identity & trust tech we are familiar with.

For those of you new to IIW - IIW is an UnConference.  If you've been to a traditional conference, there are long periods of time spent listening to presentations, but the real magic always happens in the informal conversations around the snack table and in the breaks.  IIW is an entire event composed of that kind of focused, informal yet insightful conversation.

This year, due to fears surrounding the COVID-19 virus, the event is going to be held online instead of at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View California.

Please see the announcement below for more details, and for sign-up and timing information.

While the timing is based on California time - 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in Mountain View - it does, nevertheless, represent a wonderful opportunity to engage in direct conversation and discussions with thought leaders and peers from around the identity, trust, & tech world.

For those who have never been, the process works like this:

1 - in the California morning an 'all hands' group will form on QiQoChat where there will be some introductory material, and then an invitation to propose topics for discussion during the day

2 - in the California evening the group will re-assemble, as a whole, for a "summary" of the day and a chance to say thank you to people who have brought unique perspectives and value to the disccusion

3 - in between these two events, smaller breakout sessions will be held - these discuss the topics which were selected during the first session, and the result is presented to the group in the final session.

If you have the time on Apr 28th-30th, I encourage everyone here to attend *as if* having traveled to Mountain View, but without all the hassle of international travel.  IIW is truly a unique and inspirational event - and one that has lead to the development of many of the technologies in common use today.

best,

    -e



-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: IIWXXX #30 🐝 Is Going Virtual
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 18:39:32 +0000
From: Phil Windley <phil@...>
Reply-To: Phil Windley <phil@...>
To: eric@...



Dear IIW Community Members,
 
We are pleased to announce the plan for IIWXXX in light of the Corona Virus pandemic and its impact on travel. 
 
IIW has always been about getting things done. Missing an IIW and the important developments that are sure to happen didn’t seem like an outcome anyone would be happy with. So we’ve been working to find a way for IIW to not just happen, but to ensure it offers opportunities for working together as it always has. 
 
Over the past three weeks we have been developing a plan to host IIW virtually using a tool specifically designed for remote Open Space (unConference) events called Qiqo Chat (https://qiqochat.com ). After reviewing the tool and how it’s been used for other Open Space events, we’re confident that it will allow IIWXXX to continue at the end of April with the same kinds of high quality interactions and discussion that have been the hallmark of IIW for the past 15 years. 
 
Over the coming few weeks, we will communicate more fully about how this will work. But, we’re still planning for IIWXXX to happen Apr 28-30, 2020.
 
  • We will have an Opening Circle each day where we set the agenda
  • People will propose and host sessions, and  sessions will be held in breakout spaces
  • After the end of sessions for the day, we’ll do a Closing Circle w/ Open Gifting ~ just like we always do
  • We will still hold Demo Sessions and the Tech Sandbox Fair
  • We will still publish the Book of Proceedings with notes from all the sessions
  • And, since we can’t have a celebratory cake, we’re planning on a Commemorative T-shirt for everyone, that is included with registration
  • We won’t have Rich, our favorite barista, or a snack table, but we will still have the same high-quality discussions and working sessions that make IIW a unique event
 
If you’re already registered for IIW, then you’re set. The only thing to do is cancel any travel plans. 
 
If you haven’t registered yet, please do so at:  https://iiw30.eventbrite.com
 
If you’re a sponsor, Phil will be in touch soon. 
 
We’re excited to try IIW in a new way and open it up to new people who might not have come otherwise. Our theme for IIW XXX is 
 
IIWXXX
15 Years
30 Events
∞ Friendships
 
Because of those friendships, we’re confident that the IIW community will come together and make the 30th IIW the best ever. 
 
Thank you! 
 
Kaliya, Heidi, Doc, and Phil
https://internetidentityworkshop.com
 



Twitter
Facebook
Website

Copyright © 2019 Internet Identity Workshop, All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list






This email was sent to eric@...
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Internet Identity Workshop · 151 S 1150 East · Lindon, UT 84042 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp


Secure Data Storage call

Balázs Némethi
 

Dear all,

The Secure Data Storage call is here! 
I want to invite everyone interested in joining the first scoping call for the Secure Data Storage (joint working group between DIF and W3C CCG) to sign up using this google form. 
I will join the next CCG meeting to provide background and invite folks again. 
(the form will send a calendar invite to your email address) 


SDS scoping call 


details: 
Time:  12 pm EST 13th March, Friday. (9 am PST or 5 pm CET) 
Meeting ID: 884 468 271
Scoping documenthere <-- this is the document we will use to capture the language 
This call (similarly to Superfriends) will be non-IPR protected; please do not talk about specs.

--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF


Re: Study group in Kansai (Japan)

martin@...
 

I do not know what the "PoC project using uPort" means but I am happy to learn about it ^_^. About the web meeting tools: Not sure we will create content that anybody wants to watch, other than that: I am planning to prepare a video setup before the meeting.
 
yours
Martin Heidegger


Re: Study group in Kansai (Japan)

Naohiro Fujie
 

Hi Martin,

Any plan to publish online via kind of web meeting tools?

Naohiro

2020年3月10日(火) 15:56 Naohiro Fujie via Groups.Io <naohiro.fujie=eidentity.jp@groups.io>:

Hello Martin,

Thanks!
I can explain about our PoC project using uPort.

Regards,
Naohiro


2020年3月10日(火) 15:33 <martin@...>:
Hello Naohiro,

thank you for answering to the document. I published an event for the DID study session & would be happy if you could sign up.

https://georepublic.connpass.com/event/170312/

yours
Martin Heidegger


Re: Study group in Kansai (Japan)

Naohiro Fujie
 

Hello Martin,

Thanks!
I can explain about our PoC project using uPort.

Regards,
Naohiro


2020年3月10日(火) 15:33 <martin@...>:

Hello Naohiro,

thank you for answering to the document. I published an event for the DID study session & would be happy if you could sign up.

https://georepublic.connpass.com/event/170312/

yours
Martin Heidegger


Re: Study group in Kansai (Japan)

martin@...
 

Hello Naohiro,

thank you for answering to the document. I published an event for the DID study session & would be happy if you could sign up.

https://georepublic.connpass.com/event/170312/

yours
Martin Heidegger


Re: OpenID Connect Interest

Chim Himidumage
 

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 01:56 AM, Eric Welton (Korsimoro) wrote:
Is anyone interested in connecting DID & VC-based identity tech with OpenID?

DIF has an active project : https://identity.foundation/did-siop/

If folks are interested in this topic, I would like to discuss
organizing some regional coding efforts to take a reference
implementation across the finish line.

best,

    -e

Hi Eric,
We are interested in getting involved with this. Please keep me (chim@...) in the loop on any future discussions.
Thanks,
Chim


Re: Study group in Kansai (Japan)

martin@...
 

I prepared this document for planning.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fn3W54dlcA9EEC8e9bYuHZAUb4pg-eceANayCzzMYoQ/edit

Please add comments if you would like to join.

> If you get a venue and some participants together, I would be happy to help arrange some material and/or connect you with some DID-experts nearby.

The materials might be a good idea to keep somewhere closeby. Probably I would start with the 300page document that was shared in the last call.


Re: OpenID Connect Interest

Balázs Némethi
 

Hi all,

Glad to see that SIOP is getting attention beyond DIF!  
I have to quickly point out that to make SIOP (DID+OIDC) usable (regardless of quick/perfect) and used globally its spec work and dev-work have to be done in an IPR protected environment. ( it is all about trust as no-one wants to get sued by a troll in the future) 
Oliver and the others are pushing the topic in DIDauth WG, and definitely can handle some extra support, so if this is interest, I may suggest joining the WG and move the entire standard forward :) 

best,






On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 1:55 PM Eric Welton (Korsimoro) <eric@...> wrote:

Wow - i really like the OIDC connection there - and the ref to Mycelia (Imogen was a plenary speaker at MyData 2019)

Connecting DID's to OIDC is a big interest - and I think it will be one of the make-or-break technologies for SSI, as it will offer end-consumers an option to shift off of GAFA and onto their own identity platforms.

I'm CC'ing Orie Steele here as well - Balazs has looped in Oliver Terbu - Orie had reached out looking for implementation volunteers on the DID-SIOP project.  I'm also looping in balll@... as he and I recently chatted about OIDC integration.  I think there is a very powerful, but still latent, engine of coders ready to make it happen.

One of the things I love about the MyData group is their attention to the tension between "Make it Happen/Make it Right" - DID/OIDC integration is on the "Make it happen" side more than the "make it perfect" model - and this relates to connecting SSI & DID technology to classic IAM authorities - it is not "perfect" because it still relates to the existing IAM infrastructure - but successful OIDC integration across multiple industries would be a game-changer for identity, credential and trust tech.

A good reference implementation in production - connecting DIDs & OpenID would benefit all of us.

Let's talk more!

best,

    -e

On 2/27/20 7:24 PM, Nick Meyne wrote:
Hi Eric,

We have a bid in for EU funding for a project which is considering something very similar in a music industry streaming context.

Here's a copy of our bid proposal deck and a short 2 min video intro.  Very little technical detail in it, but we are pointing to the same DIF project, and wanting to be as open and collaborative about implementation as possible.

Tell me if you are interested in a chat about this.

Best Regards,

Nick




---- On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 09:55:58 +0000 Eric Welton (Korsimoro) <eric@...> wrote ----

Is anyone interested in connecting DID & VC-based identity tech with OpenID?

DIF has an active project : https://identity.foundation/did-siop/

If folks are interested in this topic, I would like to discuss
organizing some regional coding efforts to take a reference
implementation across the finish line.

best,

    -e









--
Balázs Némethi
@Taqanu


Re: OpenID Connect Interest

Eric Welton (Korsimoro)
 

Wow - i really like the OIDC connection there - and the ref to Mycelia (Imogen was a plenary speaker at MyData 2019)

Connecting DID's to OIDC is a big interest - and I think it will be one of the make-or-break technologies for SSI, as it will offer end-consumers an option to shift off of GAFA and onto their own identity platforms.

I'm CC'ing Orie Steele here as well - Balazs has looped in Oliver Terbu - Orie had reached out looking for implementation volunteers on the DID-SIOP project.  I'm also looping in balll@... as he and I recently chatted about OIDC integration.  I think there is a very powerful, but still latent, engine of coders ready to make it happen.

One of the things I love about the MyData group is their attention to the tension between "Make it Happen/Make it Right" - DID/OIDC integration is on the "Make it happen" side more than the "make it perfect" model - and this relates to connecting SSI & DID technology to classic IAM authorities - it is not "perfect" because it still relates to the existing IAM infrastructure - but successful OIDC integration across multiple industries would be a game-changer for identity, credential and trust tech.

A good reference implementation in production - connecting DIDs & OpenID would benefit all of us.

Let's talk more!

best,

    -e

On 2/27/20 7:24 PM, Nick Meyne wrote:
Hi Eric,

We have a bid in for EU funding for a project which is considering something very similar in a music industry streaming context.

Here's a copy of our bid proposal deck and a short 2 min video intro.  Very little technical detail in it, but we are pointing to the same DIF project, and wanting to be as open and collaborative about implementation as possible.

Tell me if you are interested in a chat about this.

Best Regards,

Nick




---- On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 09:55:58 +0000 Eric Welton (Korsimoro) <eric@...> wrote ----

Is anyone interested in connecting DID & VC-based identity tech with OpenID?

DIF has an active project : https://identity.foundation/did-siop/

If folks are interested in this topic, I would like to discuss
organizing some regional coding efforts to take a reference
implementation across the finish line.

best,

    -e







41 - 60 of 83