Date   

Re: DIF APAC/ASEAN Call - May 28th, 3:00 p.m. Beijing Time

Eric Welton (Korsimoro)
 

Kaliya raises a great point - and I'd forgotten that work, but it does bridge a HUGE gap.

I understand that it has been added to Hyperledger Ursa's framework as well?

More importantly - the work was done in New Zealand - so I would like to propose inviting Mattr to present that information at some time in June - it will be a pleasing and pleasant time for all of us!

Perhaps, during this week's call we can spend a little time reviewing why the work is important and the gap that it bridges.

best,

 -e



On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 9:25 AM Kaliya Young <kaliya@...> wrote:
You can find the links to the Notes from IIW 30. https://iiw.idcommons.net/IIW_30_Session_Notes

I will add to what Eric shared re: Break through's from the event. 
Another HUGE one was the bridging of the gap between the ZKP (Sovrin/Evernym) way of doing Credentials and the JSON-LD way of doing credentials.

Mattr introduced to the community JSON-LD ZKP with BBS Signatures - 

I should also share the work of a group I have been co-leading since IIW29 work on a Glossary. We have a slide deck that reports our process and work. We defined Wallet, Agent and Credential https://iiw.idcommons.net/Glossary_Results_-_Credentials,_Wallets,_Agents_Defined._%2B_Next_Steps

It is looking very likely that IIW will be online for IIW 31.  We would love to have more participation from the Asia Pacific Region.  Please let me know if you are interested in sponsoring. Registration will be up in late June. 

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 2:49 AM Eric Welton (Korsimoro) <eric@...> wrote:

Greetings DIF APAC/ASEAN community,

Apologies for the late reminder - I've been caught up in covid travel drama, trying to get home after 3rd months on the road - but the show must go on!

Here are the current meeting links and times,

- 3:00 p.m. Beijing, 2:00 p.m. Bangkok, 4:00 p.m. Tokyo

Internet Identity Workshop 30 was held just after our last meeting and was a particularly successful test of virtual conferencing.  I look forward to hearing from anyone who was there, and will share some highlights.  Two major topics that got a lot of attention
  • CHAPI vs. DIDComm for Credential Exchange
  • KERI (Key Event Receipt Infrastructure)
Trust over IP Foundation was formally announced this month - with a bevy of links here.

Covid Credentials: This week I'd like also like to hear from anyone who is seeing any acceptance or rejection of of digital credentials in their community response to covid.  Below are two links - one against / one for.  Is anyone else observing the use of digital credentials in the covid response of their country, or is digital activity confined to contact tracing?
Lastly, DIF's Bi-Weekly call last week (Recording), (Transcript) introduced some new technology we expect to see from Microsoft in the near future - an improvement in key recovery, which is one of the pesky real world problems that plagues strong digital identity, credential, and trust technologies.

I look forward to seeing everyone on Zoom - and please be patient if we've made any hiccups with Zoom and announcements.

kind regards,

 -e


Re: DIF APAC/ASEAN Call - May 28th, 3:00 p.m. Beijing Time

Kaliya Young
 

You can find the links to the Notes from IIW 30. https://iiw.idcommons.net/IIW_30_Session_Notes

I will add to what Eric shared re: Break through's from the event. 
Another HUGE one was the bridging of the gap between the ZKP (Sovrin/Evernym) way of doing Credentials and the JSON-LD way of doing credentials.

Mattr introduced to the community JSON-LD ZKP with BBS Signatures - 

I should also share the work of a group I have been co-leading since IIW29 work on a Glossary. We have a slide deck that reports our process and work. We defined Wallet, Agent and Credential https://iiw.idcommons.net/Glossary_Results_-_Credentials,_Wallets,_Agents_Defined._%2B_Next_Steps

It is looking very likely that IIW will be online for IIW 31.  We would love to have more participation from the Asia Pacific Region.  Please let me know if you are interested in sponsoring. Registration will be up in late June. 


On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 2:49 AM Eric Welton (Korsimoro) <eric@...> wrote:

Greetings DIF APAC/ASEAN community,

Apologies for the late reminder - I've been caught up in covid travel drama, trying to get home after 3rd months on the road - but the show must go on!

Here are the current meeting links and times,

- 3:00 p.m. Beijing, 2:00 p.m. Bangkok, 4:00 p.m. Tokyo

Internet Identity Workshop 30 was held just after our last meeting and was a particularly successful test of virtual conferencing.  I look forward to hearing from anyone who was there, and will share some highlights.  Two major topics that got a lot of attention
  • CHAPI vs. DIDComm for Credential Exchange
  • KERI (Key Event Receipt Infrastructure)
Trust over IP Foundation was formally announced this month - with a bevy of links here.

Covid Credentials: This week I'd like also like to hear from anyone who is seeing any acceptance or rejection of of digital credentials in their community response to covid.  Below are two links - one against / one for.  Is anyone else observing the use of digital credentials in the covid response of their country, or is digital activity confined to contact tracing?
Lastly, DIF's Bi-Weekly call last week (Recording), (Transcript) introduced some new technology we expect to see from Microsoft in the near future - an improvement in key recovery, which is one of the pesky real world problems that plagues strong digital identity, credential, and trust technologies.

I look forward to seeing everyone on Zoom - and please be patient if we've made any hiccups with Zoom and announcements.

kind regards,

 -e


DIF APAC/ASEAN Call - May 28th, 3:00 p.m. Beijing Time

Eric Welton (Korsimoro)
 


Greetings DIF APAC/ASEAN community,

Apologies for the late reminder - I've been caught up in covid travel drama, trying to get home after 3rd months on the road - but the show must go on!

Here are the current meeting links and times,

- 3:00 p.m. Beijing, 2:00 p.m. Bangkok, 4:00 p.m. Tokyo

Internet Identity Workshop 30 was held just after our last meeting and was a particularly successful test of virtual conferencing.  I look forward to hearing from anyone who was there, and will share some highlights.  Two major topics that got a lot of attention
  • CHAPI vs. DIDComm for Credential Exchange
  • KERI (Key Event Receipt Infrastructure)
Trust over IP Foundation was formally announced this month - with a bevy of links here.

Covid Credentials: This week I'd like also like to hear from anyone who is seeing any acceptance or rejection of of digital credentials in their community response to covid.  Below are two links - one against / one for.  Is anyone else observing the use of digital credentials in the covid response of their country, or is digital activity confined to contact tracing?
Lastly, DIF's Bi-Weekly call last week (Recording), (Transcript) introduced some new technology we expect to see from Microsoft in the near future - an improvement in key recovery, which is one of the pesky real world problems that plagues strong digital identity, credential, and trust technologies.

I look forward to seeing everyone on Zoom - and please be patient if we've made any hiccups with Zoom and announcements.

kind regards,

 -e


Trust over IP Foundation Launch (May 7th)

Eric Welton (Korsimoro)
 

Dear all,

The Trust over IP Foundation was launched this week - including launch events today.  I apologize for the late announcement, I am passing on email I just received a few minutes ago ;)

Launch event announcement from Drummond Reed in the Sovrin community

This is just a reminder that tomorrow (Thursday) are two launch events for the new Trust over IP Foundation hosted at the Linux Foundation, which is aimed at establishing interoperability for the "network of networks" of which Sovrin is the pioneer.
  1. 08:00-09:30 Pacific Time for US/EU eventuse this registration link to receive your Zoom invitation
  2. 18:00-19:30 Pacific Time for APAC eventuse this registration link to receive your Zoom invitation
And several additional links.

best,

 -e



Interoperable Learner Record Wrapper

Eric Welton (Korsimoro)
 

Good hello again,

I wanted to pass along some work from the W3C CCG (Credential Community Group) - Education task force - the meeting today explored the following document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gBKx47cgxsUnTMLxqg6Poswp4-led3x51unUY42fKUU/edit#heading=h.98c7a8q0rs5o

and some context cut/pasted from the document is below -

best,

 -e

-------- introductory content from the document

Introduction

This draft specification is being developed in the public domain and will be offered for recognition as a standard by relevant standards bodies concerned with learner record interoperability. It is offered to leverage existing learner record standards, not replace them. It will be offered for adoption by various standards bodies. It will also inform a guide to interoperable learner records proposed by an active IEEE study group.


This document specifies a universal cross-standards container for interoperable learner records. 


The specification is intended to provide a future-proof and flexible approach to a collection of learner records, allowing for any kind of learner record from early learning through adult and employment learning experiences and competency recognition. It recognizes that different standards organizations may specify the standards needed to support these many kinds of records and across geographical boundaries. In some cases the standard or set of standards from one body will be sufficient to meet the needs of a particular use case. However, the authors anticipate the need for a universal cross-standards learner wallet able to support specialized standards. For example: 

  • Medbiquitous specializes in learner record standards for medical education, 

  • the Postsecondary Electronic Standards Council focuses on postsecondary record standards, 

  • HR Open specializes in standards for workforce, 

  • W3C Verifiable Credential specifies credential assertions, 

  • IMS Global’s Comprehensive Learner Record and IMS Open Badges support various types of achievement records, 

  • the A4L SIF specification includes U.S. special education (Individual Education Plan [IEP]) and other K12 data types, 

  • the Common Education Data Standards includes data definitions for early learning childhood development through workforce, 

  • Schema.org and  Credential Engine provide credential and  object description languages that span these vertical and horizontal segments,

  • Europass specifies interoperable documents to make skills and qualifications clearly and easily understood in Europe,

  • China is implementing a dual credentialing system of Qualification Certificate and Degree Certificate  


The specification also recognizes starkly different kinds of data are needed for different uses of learner records, e.g. some learner records verify achievements to employers or potential employers, other learner records directly support learning processes for formative feedback and tutoring. As a result of that, and embedded practice at the vendor, local, state, and federal level,  any scalable solution must include the possibility of many different types of payloads. 


Design Principles

General 

  • Keep it simple

  • Save problems for later- do not raise controversies

  • Support all standards in payload

  • Use existing standards 

  • We are starting with a JSON-LD wrapper designed to be as simple and as  close to the W3C Verifiable Credential design pattern as is possible and practical.  

Learner Wallet

  • Limit to functional specifications (the “what”) 

  • Do not prescribe specific technologies, architectures, protocols (the “how”)

Wrapper

  • Informed by W3C VC

  • Support all standards payloads



Design Goal Table


Goal

Description

Decentralization

Eliminate the requirement for centralized authorities or single point failure in identifier management, including the registration of globally unique identifiers, public verification keys, service endpoints, and other metadata.

Control

Give entities, both human and non-human, the power to directly control their digital identifiers without the need to rely on external authorities.

Privacy

Enable entities to control the privacy of their information, including minimal, selective, and progressive disclosure of attributes or other data.

Security

Enable sufficient security for relying parties to depend on the ILR’s verification and security model  for their required level of assurance.

Proof-based

Enable ILR subjects (learners) to provide cryptographic proof when interacting with other entities.

Discoverability

Make it possible for entities to discover ILRs for other entities to learn more about or interact with those entities.

Interoperability

Use interoperable standards so ILR infrastructure can make use of existing tools and software libraries designed for interoperability.

Portability

Be system and network-independent and enable entities to use their ILR Metadata with any system that supports ILRs and Learner Wallets.

Simplicity

Favor a reduced set of simple features to make the technology easier to understand, implement, and deploy.

Extensibility

Where possible, enable extensibility provided it does not greatly hinder interoperability, portability, or simplicity.



Informed by W3C Verifiable Credentials Data Model 1.0

The specification is informed by the work of the W3C Verifiable Credentials Community Group and some key metadata concepts used in the W3C Verifiable Credentials Data Model 1.0 (https://www.w3.org/TR/vc-data-model/). However, the intent of this specification is a solution applicable to other kinds of learner records beyond credentials. Therefore this specification delegates learner record payload to applicable standards and may add some elements not included in the W3C VC specification.  It is our intent to expand the VC specification in appropriate ways and to make no breaking changes if possible. Any changes we make to this foundational template will be documented so it can be understood by developers and implementers.


Applicable W3C Verifiable Credential Metadata Concepts

  • Identifiers

  • Issuer

  • Credential Subject

  • Issuance Date

  • Expiration

  • Status

  • Types

  • Contexts

T3 Innovation Network

This document was drafted in coordination with the cross-standards mapping project of the T3 Innovation Network. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce led initiative is exploring the emerging technologies and standards in the talent marketplace to create more equitable and effective learning and career pathways. It is informed particularly by the work of projects 3 and 10 in the Network’s phase II. It is informed by the document produced by project 10: Applying Self-Sovereign Identity Principles to Interoperable Learning Records: Principles, Challenges, and Community Guidance.

Interoperable Learner Record Wrapper 

This proposed specification leverages a thin wrapper with a minimal set of metadata to support different kinds of learner record payloads defined by existing and future data standards. 

Self-Sovereign Learner Wallet

This proposed specification supports a learner wallet by which a person may be able to manage their own learner records as a set, regardless of source, purpose and standard encoding format. This self-sovereign learner wallet supports portability, privacy rights and agency of a person to curate some aspects of digital identity as it relates to their learner records.

Participants/Contributors

This specification is being developed with input from those participating in multiple standards bodies and working groups. It is intended to become an open standard adopted for use with and within the several standards bodies. 


This approach supports the U.S. Government's Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular No. A-119 which establishes policies on Federal use and development of voluntary

consensus standards and on conformity assessment activities.


Standards body participants who will give input on this document:

  • Access for Learning Community - Larry Fruth

  • Common Education Data Standards - Jim Goodell

  • Dublin Core Metadata Initiative / LRMI - Phil Barker (also advising on metadata and schema.org)

  • HR Open Standards Consortium - Kim Bartkus

  • IMS Global - Andy Miller

  • Postsecondary Electronic Standards Council - Michael Sessa

  • Credential Engine - Stuart Sutton


Technical workgroup participants and reviewers:

  • Avron Barr

  • Scott Hinkelman

  • John Lovell


  • Simone Ravaioli



Technical Advisors:

  • Kim Hamilton-Duffy

  • Jim Kelly


Editors: 

  • Jim Goodell

  • Joe Andrieu

  • Alex Jackl


DIF APAC/ASEAN Call - Thurs Apr 23rd

Eric Welton (Korsimoro)
 


Good Hello All,

I would like to remind everyone of our DIF APAC/ASEAN call this week, the 4th thursday of April, at 15:00. (GMT+8) - 16:00 JST, 14:00 ICT - Zoom Room: https://zoom.us/j/655628076

Meeting minutes and agenda information are here: https://dif.groups.io/g/dif-apac-asean/wiki/home

This month's call will be divided into two main sections:

1 - Covid, I'll review some activity by DIF,  the Evernym originated Covid Credentials Initiative (https://www.covidcreds.com/), as well as some MyData efforts, an upcoming ID2020 paper, and share some interesting links & recordings.

Most importantly - please bring any links or information to share, even just to paste in the chat - it is important that we work together to find and connect all the resources we have as a global community.  If you know of any efforts or initiatives in the APAC/ASEAN region, please bring a link to paste into chat - the more we share, the stronger we grow.

Some links I found particularly interesting this month are:

2 - In the 2nd half of the call, we'll hear from Dr. Nuttawut Kungsuwan of http://finema.co about Attribute Based Credentials.  This has been a considerable source of discussion in the covid credential effort, especially for those comparing Sovrin/Indy/Aires style ZKP wallets with W3C example credentials such as those in the github pull request linked above.  Dr. Kungsuwan will bring a light to this sometimes grey and confusing area - and this will help us understand what it means to provide a "test result credential" and how that information can be represented, guarded, and shared.

Stay safe everyone, and we'll see you Thursday,
best,

 -e




Re: DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

Balázs Némethi
 

Hi Daniel,

You can find out more here:  https://digitalcredentials.mit.edu/
and it is a W3C CCG taskforce (at the moment) - for that, join W3C CCG 

best,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 8:59 AM Daniel Leung <Daniel.leung2005@...> wrote:
Hi Eric,

I am interested to participate int he education credential exchange. Please advise how I can get onto that working group.

Thanks.

Daniel

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 5:42 AM Eric Welton (Korsimoro) <eric@...> wrote:

Dear DIF APAC/ASEAN call members,

This week, on Mar 26th, is our 3rd DIF APAC/ASEAN group call, and there has been a lot of activity in our community.

1. Covid
2. Sovrin
3. Secure Data Storage
4. SSI in Education
5. Community connections
- DID study group
- OpenID Connect hacking effort

1. Covid

I would like to let everyone know about this effort at building Verifiable Credential support specifically to help address Covid.

2. Sovrin

This month the Sovrin Foundation underwent some changes as announced in this post on Mar 16: Next Steps for the Sovrin Foundation

In short, the Sovrin Foundation is downshifting from a large staff to a much smaller organization and is moving to a "network of networks" model where the current Sovrin Public Network is just one of multiple SSI networks.

The current Sovrin Network continues to be fully operated by the 60+ Sovrin stewards, and the disturbance to the Sovrin Foundation will be minimal as it is largely a volunteer effort already.  Transition efforts are detailed in this presentation and Riley Hughes, a long time member of the Sovrin Foundation and co-founder of Streetcred.id wrote this excellent Medium Post.

The work of the Sovrin Foundation working groups and task forces will continue largely without interruption.  For example, within the next few weeks the IoT task force will be releasing a draft white paper on SSI and IoT and later this week the Guardianship task force will be hosting a presentation on SSI and Modern Slavery.  Details can be found in the Governance Working Group meeting page (including instructions for joining an APAC call)

3. SDS Scoping Call

The Secure Data Storage project, lead by Manu Sporny - is the beginning of a new DIF effort to build common ground and infrastructure across the numerous Secure Data Storage solutions that we are collectively building.  Last week was the 2nd call, and the next meeting will take place at the 4 pm ET on Thursday, 26th March.

To join the mailing list, visit this page: SDS Mailing list and sign up using the button.
  • This is not yet IPR protected mailing list - do not mention or bring up patents, the focus is still on scoping the work. 
  • There is a WIKI on the left sidebar with the links to the documents we used today
  • The call recording is also in the WIKI
Those who were unable to attend the meeting, please use the documents shared in the WIKI. If you have something to add or questions, use the scoping document, and comment/suggest changes.  

If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

4. SSI In Education

The W3C CCG (Credentials Community Group) has a subgroup catering to the use of Verifiable Credentials in Education.  This work is led by Kim Hamilton-Duffy who heads the Digital Credentials Consortium, and is one of the premier drivers of the digital credentials in education effort.

Recordings of the CCG-vc-education call can be found here.

Kim has also shared a slide presentation from her recent presentation at the DIF Bi-Weekly general meeting.

I have a personal goal of seeing educational credential exchange, in action, across at least 5 sites in the APAC/ASEAN region, so please reach out to me if this is of interest.  With Covid we will work through the internet, but the goal is to demonstrate some form of executing credential exchange by the end of the year.

5. Community Connections
5.1 Study group in Kansai (Japan)
I wanted to say a special thank you to the DID study group that assembled and held an online meeting recently.  If possible, I would love to hear from members of that group and tell us how it went.  I understand from Martin that the topics range from technical to philosophical, which is typical of this topic but hopefully enjoyable.

5.2 OpenID Connect
I want to apologize for the slow start here, but I wound up getting quarantined (in room) in Buenos Aires and have let a few balls drop.  Several people responded with interest in an OpenID connect effort - and I will be sending out another email shortly to everyone who responded.  Some people were already on the list, but interestingly, some were not.

I also wanted to mention a few companies I know are working on an OpenID connect integration (Finema.co) or have one working (https://self-ssi.com/en/) - both companies have members registered on our call!

Lasty - the Financial-Grade API for OpenID has a Pacific region friendly call, with details here and past session notes in this bitbucket wiki.


with that, I hope everyone has a safe and covid-free week and I look forward to seeing everyone Thursday,

  Eric Welton



--
Balázs Némethi
@Taqanu


Re: DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

Daniel Leung
 

Hi Eric,

I am interested to participate int he education credential exchange. Please advise how I can get onto that working group.

Thanks.

Daniel

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 5:42 AM Eric Welton (Korsimoro) <eric@...> wrote:

Dear DIF APAC/ASEAN call members,

This week, on Mar 26th, is our 3rd DIF APAC/ASEAN group call, and there has been a lot of activity in our community.

1. Covid
2. Sovrin
3. Secure Data Storage
4. SSI in Education
5. Community connections
- DID study group
- OpenID Connect hacking effort

1. Covid

I would like to let everyone know about this effort at building Verifiable Credential support specifically to help address Covid.

2. Sovrin

This month the Sovrin Foundation underwent some changes as announced in this post on Mar 16: Next Steps for the Sovrin Foundation

In short, the Sovrin Foundation is downshifting from a large staff to a much smaller organization and is moving to a "network of networks" model where the current Sovrin Public Network is just one of multiple SSI networks.

The current Sovrin Network continues to be fully operated by the 60+ Sovrin stewards, and the disturbance to the Sovrin Foundation will be minimal as it is largely a volunteer effort already.  Transition efforts are detailed in this presentation and Riley Hughes, a long time member of the Sovrin Foundation and co-founder of Streetcred.id wrote this excellent Medium Post.

The work of the Sovrin Foundation working groups and task forces will continue largely without interruption.  For example, within the next few weeks the IoT task force will be releasing a draft white paper on SSI and IoT and later this week the Guardianship task force will be hosting a presentation on SSI and Modern Slavery.  Details can be found in the Governance Working Group meeting page (including instructions for joining an APAC call)

3. SDS Scoping Call

The Secure Data Storage project, lead by Manu Sporny - is the beginning of a new DIF effort to build common ground and infrastructure across the numerous Secure Data Storage solutions that we are collectively building.  Last week was the 2nd call, and the next meeting will take place at the 4 pm ET on Thursday, 26th March.

To join the mailing list, visit this page: SDS Mailing list and sign up using the button.
  • This is not yet IPR protected mailing list - do not mention or bring up patents, the focus is still on scoping the work. 
  • There is a WIKI on the left sidebar with the links to the documents we used today
  • The call recording is also in the WIKI
Those who were unable to attend the meeting, please use the documents shared in the WIKI. If you have something to add or questions, use the scoping document, and comment/suggest changes.  

If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

4. SSI In Education

The W3C CCG (Credentials Community Group) has a subgroup catering to the use of Verifiable Credentials in Education.  This work is led by Kim Hamilton-Duffy who heads the Digital Credentials Consortium, and is one of the premier drivers of the digital credentials in education effort.

Recordings of the CCG-vc-education call can be found here.

Kim has also shared a slide presentation from her recent presentation at the DIF Bi-Weekly general meeting.

I have a personal goal of seeing educational credential exchange, in action, across at least 5 sites in the APAC/ASEAN region, so please reach out to me if this is of interest.  With Covid we will work through the internet, but the goal is to demonstrate some form of executing credential exchange by the end of the year.

5. Community Connections
5.1 Study group in Kansai (Japan)
I wanted to say a special thank you to the DID study group that assembled and held an online meeting recently.  If possible, I would love to hear from members of that group and tell us how it went.  I understand from Martin that the topics range from technical to philosophical, which is typical of this topic but hopefully enjoyable.

5.2 OpenID Connect
I want to apologize for the slow start here, but I wound up getting quarantined (in room) in Buenos Aires and have let a few balls drop.  Several people responded with interest in an OpenID connect effort - and I will be sending out another email shortly to everyone who responded.  Some people were already on the list, but interestingly, some were not.

I also wanted to mention a few companies I know are working on an OpenID connect integration (Finema.co) or have one working (https://self-ssi.com/en/) - both companies have members registered on our call!

Lasty - the Financial-Grade API for OpenID has a Pacific region friendly call, with details here and past session notes in this bitbucket wiki.


with that, I hope everyone has a safe and covid-free week and I look forward to seeing everyone Thursday,

  Eric Welton


Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [dif-apac-asean] DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

Eric Welton (Korsimoro)
 


Hello all - and thank you Kristina and Naohiro for publishing the information,

I am including some key links below - it does seem like it disappeared from calendars! ;)

best,
 -e


On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 1:41 AM Kristina Yasuda via Groups.Io <kristina.yasuda=microsoft.com@groups.io> wrote:

1600-1700 JST this Thursday, I believe. https://zoom.us/j/655628076;

 

Kristina Yasuda

Cloud Developer Advocates Program Manager

My working hours may not be your working hours. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside of your normal work schedule. 

 

From: dif-apac-asean@DIF.groups.io <dif-apac-asean@DIF.groups.io> On Behalf Of Naohiro Fujie via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:21 AM
To: dif-apac-asean@dif.groups.io
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [dif-apac-asean] DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

 

Hi,

 

What time does it start from?

 

2020324() 3:42 Eric Welton (Korsimoro) <eric@...>:

 

Dear DIF APAC/ASEAN call members,

This week, on Mar 26th, is our 3rd DIF APAC/ASEAN group call, and there has been a lot of activity in our community.

1. Covid
2. Sovrin
3. Secure Data Storage
4. SSI in Education
5. Community connections
- DID study group
- OpenID Connect hacking effort

1. Covid

I would like to let everyone know about this effort at building Verifiable Credential support specifically to help address Covid.

2. Sovrin

This month the Sovrin Foundation underwent some changes as announced in this post on Mar 16: Next Steps for the Sovrin Foundation

In short, the Sovrin Foundation is downshifting from a large staff to a much smaller organization and is moving to a "network of networks" model where the current Sovrin Public Network is just one of multiple SSI networks.

 

The current Sovrin Network continues to be fully operated by the 60+ Sovrin stewards, and the disturbance to the Sovrin Foundation will be minimal as it is largely a volunteer effort already.  Transition efforts are detailed in this presentation and Riley Hughes, a long time member of the Sovrin Foundation and co-founder of Streetcred.id wrote this excellent Medium Post.


The work of the Sovrin Foundation working groups and task forces will continue largely without interruption.  For example, within the next few weeks the IoT task force will be releasing a draft white paper on SSI and IoT and later this week the Guardianship task force will be hosting a presentation on SSI and Modern Slavery.  Details can be found in the Governance Working Group meeting page (including instructions for joining an APAC call)

 

3. SDS Scoping Call

 

The Secure Data Storage project, lead by Manu Sporny - is the beginning of a new DIF effort to build common ground and infrastructure across the numerous Secure Data Storage solutions that we are collectively building.  Last week was the 2nd call, and the next meeting will take place at the 4 pm ET on Thursday, 26th March.

 

To join the mailing list, visit this page: SDS Mailing list and sign up using the button.

·       This is not yet IPR protected mailing list - do not mention or bring up patents, the focus is still on scoping the work. 

·       There is a WIKI on the left sidebar with the links to the documents we used today

·       The call recording is also in the WIKI

Those who were unable to attend the meeting, please use the documents shared in the WIKI. If you have something to add or questions, use the scoping document, and comment/suggest changes.  

 

If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

 

4. SSI In Education

 

The W3C CCG (Credentials Community Group) has a subgroup catering to the use of Verifiable Credentials in Education.  This work is led by Kim Hamilton-Duffy who heads the Digital Credentials Consortium, and is one of the premier drivers of the digital credentials in education effort.

 

Recordings of the CCG-vc-education call can be found here.

 

Kim has also shared a slide presentation from her recent presentation at the DIF Bi-Weekly general meeting.

 

I have a personal goal of seeing educational credential exchange, in action, across at least 5 sites in the APAC/ASEAN region, so please reach out to me if this is of interest.  With Covid we will work through the internet, but the goal is to demonstrate some form of executing credential exchange by the end of the year.

 

5. Community Connections

5.1 Study group in Kansai (Japan)

I wanted to say a special thank you to the DID study group that assembled and held an online meeting recently.  If possible, I would love to hear from members of that group and tell us how it went.  I understand from Martin that the topics range from technical to philosophical, which is typical of this topic but hopefully enjoyable.

 

5.2 OpenID Connect

I want to apologize for the slow start here, but I wound up getting quarantined (in room) in Buenos Aires and have let a few balls drop.  Several people responded with interest in an OpenID connect effort - and I will be sending out another email shortly to everyone who responded.  Some people were already on the list, but interestingly, some were not.

 

I also wanted to mention a few companies I know are working on an OpenID connect integration (Finema.co) or have one working (https://self-ssi.com/en/) - both companies have members registered on our call!

 

Lasty - the Financial-Grade API for OpenID has a Pacific region friendly call, with details here and past session notes in this bitbucket wiki.

 

 

with that, I hope everyone has a safe and covid-free week and I look forward to seeing everyone Thursday,

 

  Eric Welton


Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [dif-apac-asean] DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

Naohiro Fujie
 

Thanks Kristina,

Unfortunately, I have another meeting in the same slot... I hope someone will share meeting minutes.

Naohiro

2020年3月24日(火) 13:41 Kristina Yasuda via Groups.Io <kristina.yasuda=microsoft.com@groups.io>:

1600-1700 JST this Thursday, I believe. https://zoom.us/j/655628076;

 

Kristina Yasuda

Cloud Developer Advocates Program Manager

My working hours may not be your working hours. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside of your normal work schedule. 

 

From: dif-apac-asean@DIF.groups.io <dif-apac-asean@DIF.groups.io> On Behalf Of Naohiro Fujie via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:21 AM
To: dif-apac-asean@dif.groups.io
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [dif-apac-asean] DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

 

Hi,

 

What time does it start from?

 

2020324() 3:42 Eric Welton (Korsimoro) <eric@...>:

 

Dear DIF APAC/ASEAN call members,

This week, on Mar 26th, is our 3rd DIF APAC/ASEAN group call, and there has been a lot of activity in our community.

1. Covid
2. Sovrin
3. Secure Data Storage
4. SSI in Education
5. Community connections
- DID study group
- OpenID Connect hacking effort

1. Covid

I would like to let everyone know about this effort at building Verifiable Credential support specifically to help address Covid.

2. Sovrin

This month the Sovrin Foundation underwent some changes as announced in this post on Mar 16: Next Steps for the Sovrin Foundation

In short, the Sovrin Foundation is downshifting from a large staff to a much smaller organization and is moving to a "network of networks" model where the current Sovrin Public Network is just one of multiple SSI networks.

 

The current Sovrin Network continues to be fully operated by the 60+ Sovrin stewards, and the disturbance to the Sovrin Foundation will be minimal as it is largely a volunteer effort already.  Transition efforts are detailed in this presentation and Riley Hughes, a long time member of the Sovrin Foundation and co-founder of Streetcred.id wrote this excellent Medium Post.


The work of the Sovrin Foundation working groups and task forces will continue largely without interruption.  For example, within the next few weeks the IoT task force will be releasing a draft white paper on SSI and IoT and later this week the Guardianship task force will be hosting a presentation on SSI and Modern Slavery.  Details can be found in the Governance Working Group meeting page (including instructions for joining an APAC call)

 

3. SDS Scoping Call

 

The Secure Data Storage project, lead by Manu Sporny - is the beginning of a new DIF effort to build common ground and infrastructure across the numerous Secure Data Storage solutions that we are collectively building.  Last week was the 2nd call, and the next meeting will take place at the 4 pm ET on Thursday, 26th March.

 

To join the mailing list, visit this page: SDS Mailing list and sign up using the button.

·       This is not yet IPR protected mailing list - do not mention or bring up patents, the focus is still on scoping the work. 

·       There is a WIKI on the left sidebar with the links to the documents we used today

·       The call recording is also in the WIKI

Those who were unable to attend the meeting, please use the documents shared in the WIKI. If you have something to add or questions, use the scoping document, and comment/suggest changes.  

 

If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

 

4. SSI In Education

 

The W3C CCG (Credentials Community Group) has a subgroup catering to the use of Verifiable Credentials in Education.  This work is led by Kim Hamilton-Duffy who heads the Digital Credentials Consortium, and is one of the premier drivers of the digital credentials in education effort.

 

Recordings of the CCG-vc-education call can be found here.

 

Kim has also shared a slide presentation from her recent presentation at the DIF Bi-Weekly general meeting.

 

I have a personal goal of seeing educational credential exchange, in action, across at least 5 sites in the APAC/ASEAN region, so please reach out to me if this is of interest.  With Covid we will work through the internet, but the goal is to demonstrate some form of executing credential exchange by the end of the year.

 

5. Community Connections

5.1 Study group in Kansai (Japan)

I wanted to say a special thank you to the DID study group that assembled and held an online meeting recently.  If possible, I would love to hear from members of that group and tell us how it went.  I understand from Martin that the topics range from technical to philosophical, which is typical of this topic but hopefully enjoyable.

 

5.2 OpenID Connect

I want to apologize for the slow start here, but I wound up getting quarantined (in room) in Buenos Aires and have let a few balls drop.  Several people responded with interest in an OpenID connect effort - and I will be sending out another email shortly to everyone who responded.  Some people were already on the list, but interestingly, some were not.

 

I also wanted to mention a few companies I know are working on an OpenID connect integration (Finema.co) or have one working (https://self-ssi.com/en/) - both companies have members registered on our call!

 

Lasty - the Financial-Grade API for OpenID has a Pacific region friendly call, with details here and past session notes in this bitbucket wiki.

 

 

with that, I hope everyone has a safe and covid-free week and I look forward to seeing everyone Thursday,

 

  Eric Welton


Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [dif-apac-asean] DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

Kristina Yasuda
 

1600-1700 JST this Thursday, I believe. https://zoom.us/j/655628076;

 

Kristina Yasuda

Cloud Developer Advocates Program Manager

My working hours may not be your working hours. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside of your normal work schedule. 

 

From: dif-apac-asean@DIF.groups.io <dif-apac-asean@DIF.groups.io> On Behalf Of Naohiro Fujie via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:21 AM
To: dif-apac-asean@dif.groups.io
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [dif-apac-asean] DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

 

Hi,

 

What time does it start from?

 

2020324() 3:42 Eric Welton (Korsimoro) <eric@...>:

 

Dear DIF APAC/ASEAN call members,

This week, on Mar 26th, is our 3rd DIF APAC/ASEAN group call, and there has been a lot of activity in our community.

1. Covid
2. Sovrin
3. Secure Data Storage
4. SSI in Education
5. Community connections
- DID study group
- OpenID Connect hacking effort

1. Covid

I would like to let everyone know about this effort at building Verifiable Credential support specifically to help address Covid.

2. Sovrin

This month the Sovrin Foundation underwent some changes as announced in this post on Mar 16: Next Steps for the Sovrin Foundation

In short, the Sovrin Foundation is downshifting from a large staff to a much smaller organization and is moving to a "network of networks" model where the current Sovrin Public Network is just one of multiple SSI networks.

 

The current Sovrin Network continues to be fully operated by the 60+ Sovrin stewards, and the disturbance to the Sovrin Foundation will be minimal as it is largely a volunteer effort already.  Transition efforts are detailed in this presentation and Riley Hughes, a long time member of the Sovrin Foundation and co-founder of Streetcred.id wrote this excellent Medium Post.


The work of the Sovrin Foundation working groups and task forces will continue largely without interruption.  For example, within the next few weeks the IoT task force will be releasing a draft white paper on SSI and IoT and later this week the Guardianship task force will be hosting a presentation on SSI and Modern Slavery.  Details can be found in the Governance Working Group meeting page (including instructions for joining an APAC call)

 

3. SDS Scoping Call

 

The Secure Data Storage project, lead by Manu Sporny - is the beginning of a new DIF effort to build common ground and infrastructure across the numerous Secure Data Storage solutions that we are collectively building.  Last week was the 2nd call, and the next meeting will take place at the 4 pm ET on Thursday, 26th March.

 

To join the mailing list, visit this page: SDS Mailing list and sign up using the button.

·       This is not yet IPR protected mailing list - do not mention or bring up patents, the focus is still on scoping the work. 

·       There is a WIKI on the left sidebar with the links to the documents we used today

·       The call recording is also in the WIKI

Those who were unable to attend the meeting, please use the documents shared in the WIKI. If you have something to add or questions, use the scoping document, and comment/suggest changes.  

 

If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

 

4. SSI In Education

 

The W3C CCG (Credentials Community Group) has a subgroup catering to the use of Verifiable Credentials in Education.  This work is led by Kim Hamilton-Duffy who heads the Digital Credentials Consortium, and is one of the premier drivers of the digital credentials in education effort.

 

Recordings of the CCG-vc-education call can be found here.

 

Kim has also shared a slide presentation from her recent presentation at the DIF Bi-Weekly general meeting.

 

I have a personal goal of seeing educational credential exchange, in action, across at least 5 sites in the APAC/ASEAN region, so please reach out to me if this is of interest.  With Covid we will work through the internet, but the goal is to demonstrate some form of executing credential exchange by the end of the year.

 

5. Community Connections

5.1 Study group in Kansai (Japan)

I wanted to say a special thank you to the DID study group that assembled and held an online meeting recently.  If possible, I would love to hear from members of that group and tell us how it went.  I understand from Martin that the topics range from technical to philosophical, which is typical of this topic but hopefully enjoyable.

 

5.2 OpenID Connect

I want to apologize for the slow start here, but I wound up getting quarantined (in room) in Buenos Aires and have let a few balls drop.  Several people responded with interest in an OpenID connect effort - and I will be sending out another email shortly to everyone who responded.  Some people were already on the list, but interestingly, some were not.

 

I also wanted to mention a few companies I know are working on an OpenID connect integration (Finema.co) or have one working (https://self-ssi.com/en/) - both companies have members registered on our call!

 

Lasty - the Financial-Grade API for OpenID has a Pacific region friendly call, with details here and past session notes in this bitbucket wiki.

 

 

with that, I hope everyone has a safe and covid-free week and I look forward to seeing everyone Thursday,

 

  Eric Welton


Re: DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

Naohiro Fujie
 

Hi,

What time does it start from?

2020年3月24日(火) 3:42 Eric Welton (Korsimoro) <eric@...>:


Dear DIF APAC/ASEAN call members,

This week, on Mar 26th, is our 3rd DIF APAC/ASEAN group call, and there has been a lot of activity in our community.

1. Covid
2. Sovrin
3. Secure Data Storage
4. SSI in Education
5. Community connections
- DID study group
- OpenID Connect hacking effort

1. Covid

I would like to let everyone know about this effort at building Verifiable Credential support specifically to help address Covid.

2. Sovrin

This month the Sovrin Foundation underwent some changes as announced in this post on Mar 16: Next Steps for the Sovrin Foundation

In short, the Sovrin Foundation is downshifting from a large staff to a much smaller organization and is moving to a "network of networks" model where the current Sovrin Public Network is just one of multiple SSI networks.

The current Sovrin Network continues to be fully operated by the 60+ Sovrin stewards, and the disturbance to the Sovrin Foundation will be minimal as it is largely a volunteer effort already.  Transition efforts are detailed in this presentation and Riley Hughes, a long time member of the Sovrin Foundation and co-founder of Streetcred.id wrote this excellent Medium Post.

The work of the Sovrin Foundation working groups and task forces will continue largely without interruption.  For example, within the next few weeks the IoT task force will be releasing a draft white paper on SSI and IoT and later this week the Guardianship task force will be hosting a presentation on SSI and Modern Slavery.  Details can be found in the Governance Working Group meeting page (including instructions for joining an APAC call)

3. SDS Scoping Call

The Secure Data Storage project, lead by Manu Sporny - is the beginning of a new DIF effort to build common ground and infrastructure across the numerous Secure Data Storage solutions that we are collectively building.  Last week was the 2nd call, and the next meeting will take place at the 4 pm ET on Thursday, 26th March.

To join the mailing list, visit this page: SDS Mailing list and sign up using the button.
  • This is not yet IPR protected mailing list - do not mention or bring up patents, the focus is still on scoping the work. 
  • There is a WIKI on the left sidebar with the links to the documents we used today
  • The call recording is also in the WIKI
Those who were unable to attend the meeting, please use the documents shared in the WIKI. If you have something to add or questions, use the scoping document, and comment/suggest changes.  

If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

4. SSI In Education

The W3C CCG (Credentials Community Group) has a subgroup catering to the use of Verifiable Credentials in Education.  This work is led by Kim Hamilton-Duffy who heads the Digital Credentials Consortium, and is one of the premier drivers of the digital credentials in education effort.

Recordings of the CCG-vc-education call can be found here.

Kim has also shared a slide presentation from her recent presentation at the DIF Bi-Weekly general meeting.

I have a personal goal of seeing educational credential exchange, in action, across at least 5 sites in the APAC/ASEAN region, so please reach out to me if this is of interest.  With Covid we will work through the internet, but the goal is to demonstrate some form of executing credential exchange by the end of the year.

5. Community Connections
5.1 Study group in Kansai (Japan)
I wanted to say a special thank you to the DID study group that assembled and held an online meeting recently.  If possible, I would love to hear from members of that group and tell us how it went.  I understand from Martin that the topics range from technical to philosophical, which is typical of this topic but hopefully enjoyable.

5.2 OpenID Connect
I want to apologize for the slow start here, but I wound up getting quarantined (in room) in Buenos Aires and have let a few balls drop.  Several people responded with interest in an OpenID connect effort - and I will be sending out another email shortly to everyone who responded.  Some people were already on the list, but interestingly, some were not.

I also wanted to mention a few companies I know are working on an OpenID connect integration (Finema.co) or have one working (https://self-ssi.com/en/) - both companies have members registered on our call!

Lasty - the Financial-Grade API for OpenID has a Pacific region friendly call, with details here and past session notes in this bitbucket wiki.


with that, I hope everyone has a safe and covid-free week and I look forward to seeing everyone Thursday,

  Eric Welton


DIF APAC/ASEAN Call Reminder - March 26th

Eric Welton (Korsimoro)
 


Dear DIF APAC/ASEAN call members,

This week, on Mar 26th, is our 3rd DIF APAC/ASEAN group call, and there has been a lot of activity in our community.

1. Covid
2. Sovrin
3. Secure Data Storage
4. SSI in Education
5. Community connections
- DID study group
- OpenID Connect hacking effort

1. Covid

I would like to let everyone know about this effort at building Verifiable Credential support specifically to help address Covid.

2. Sovrin

This month the Sovrin Foundation underwent some changes as announced in this post on Mar 16: Next Steps for the Sovrin Foundation

In short, the Sovrin Foundation is downshifting from a large staff to a much smaller organization and is moving to a "network of networks" model where the current Sovrin Public Network is just one of multiple SSI networks.

The current Sovrin Network continues to be fully operated by the 60+ Sovrin stewards, and the disturbance to the Sovrin Foundation will be minimal as it is largely a volunteer effort already.  Transition efforts are detailed in this presentation and Riley Hughes, a long time member of the Sovrin Foundation and co-founder of Streetcred.id wrote this excellent Medium Post.

The work of the Sovrin Foundation working groups and task forces will continue largely without interruption.  For example, within the next few weeks the IoT task force will be releasing a draft white paper on SSI and IoT and later this week the Guardianship task force will be hosting a presentation on SSI and Modern Slavery.  Details can be found in the Governance Working Group meeting page (including instructions for joining an APAC call)

3. SDS Scoping Call

The Secure Data Storage project, lead by Manu Sporny - is the beginning of a new DIF effort to build common ground and infrastructure across the numerous Secure Data Storage solutions that we are collectively building.  Last week was the 2nd call, and the next meeting will take place at the 4 pm ET on Thursday, 26th March.

To join the mailing list, visit this page: SDS Mailing list and sign up using the button.
  • This is not yet IPR protected mailing list - do not mention or bring up patents, the focus is still on scoping the work. 
  • There is a WIKI on the left sidebar with the links to the documents we used today
  • The call recording is also in the WIKI
Those who were unable to attend the meeting, please use the documents shared in the WIKI. If you have something to add or questions, use the scoping document, and comment/suggest changes.  

If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

4. SSI In Education

The W3C CCG (Credentials Community Group) has a subgroup catering to the use of Verifiable Credentials in Education.  This work is led by Kim Hamilton-Duffy who heads the Digital Credentials Consortium, and is one of the premier drivers of the digital credentials in education effort.

Recordings of the CCG-vc-education call can be found here.

Kim has also shared a slide presentation from her recent presentation at the DIF Bi-Weekly general meeting.

I have a personal goal of seeing educational credential exchange, in action, across at least 5 sites in the APAC/ASEAN region, so please reach out to me if this is of interest.  With Covid we will work through the internet, but the goal is to demonstrate some form of executing credential exchange by the end of the year.

5. Community Connections
5.1 Study group in Kansai (Japan)
I wanted to say a special thank you to the DID study group that assembled and held an online meeting recently.  If possible, I would love to hear from members of that group and tell us how it went.  I understand from Martin that the topics range from technical to philosophical, which is typical of this topic but hopefully enjoyable.

5.2 OpenID Connect
I want to apologize for the slow start here, but I wound up getting quarantined (in room) in Buenos Aires and have let a few balls drop.  Several people responded with interest in an OpenID connect effort - and I will be sending out another email shortly to everyone who responded.  Some people were already on the list, but interestingly, some were not.

I also wanted to mention a few companies I know are working on an OpenID connect integration (Finema.co) or have one working (https://self-ssi.com/en/) - both companies have members registered on our call!

Lasty - the Financial-Grade API for OpenID has a Pacific region friendly call, with details here and past session notes in this bitbucket wiki.


with that, I hope everyone has a safe and covid-free week and I look forward to seeing everyone Thursday,

  Eric Welton


Re: Study group in Kansai (Japan)

martin@...
 

Thanks for everyone attending yesterday,

the topics ranged a bit from philosophical to political and technical. Lets keep it on the technical side for the next meeting which we will have in a month.

yours
Martin


Re: Study group in Kansai (Japan)

martin@...
 

Hello Naohiro,

I think you should have received a google hangout link. Looking forward to the presentation.

yours
Martin


Re: Study group in Kansai (Japan)

Naohiro Fujie
 

Hello Martin,

I'd like to join online today. I'd like to show my presentation which I have used to explain DID to the Financial Service Agency last month.

Naohiro

2020年3月10日(火) 21:52 <martin@...>:

I do not know what the "PoC project using uPort" means but I am happy to learn about it ^_^. About the web meeting tools: Not sure we will create content that anybody wants to watch, other than that: I am planning to prepare a video setup before the meeting.
 
yours
Martin Heidegger


IIWXXX #30 🐝 Is Going Virtual #30 🐝

Eric Welton (Korsimoro)
 

Hello all,

This is the 15th year of the Internet Identity Workshop - a truly unique event, and one that has proven pivotal in developing much of the identity & trust tech we are familiar with.

For those of you new to IIW - IIW is an UnConference.  If you've been to a traditional conference, there are long periods of time spent listening to presentations, but the real magic always happens in the informal conversations around the snack table and in the breaks.  IIW is an entire event composed of that kind of focused, informal yet insightful conversation.

This year, due to fears surrounding the COVID-19 virus, the event is going to be held online instead of at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View California.

Please see the announcement below for more details, and for sign-up and timing information.

While the timing is based on California time - 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in Mountain View - it does, nevertheless, represent a wonderful opportunity to engage in direct conversation and discussions with thought leaders and peers from around the identity, trust, & tech world.

For those who have never been, the process works like this:

1 - in the California morning an 'all hands' group will form on QiQoChat where there will be some introductory material, and then an invitation to propose topics for discussion during the day

2 - in the California evening the group will re-assemble, as a whole, for a "summary" of the day and a chance to say thank you to people who have brought unique perspectives and value to the disccusion

3 - in between these two events, smaller breakout sessions will be held - these discuss the topics which were selected during the first session, and the result is presented to the group in the final session.

If you have the time on Apr 28th-30th, I encourage everyone here to attend *as if* having traveled to Mountain View, but without all the hassle of international travel.  IIW is truly a unique and inspirational event - and one that has lead to the development of many of the technologies in common use today.

best,

    -e



-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: IIWXXX #30 🐝 Is Going Virtual
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 18:39:32 +0000
From: Phil Windley <phil@...>
Reply-To: Phil Windley <phil@...>
To: eric@...



Dear IIW Community Members,
 
We are pleased to announce the plan for IIWXXX in light of the Corona Virus pandemic and its impact on travel. 
 
IIW has always been about getting things done. Missing an IIW and the important developments that are sure to happen didn’t seem like an outcome anyone would be happy with. So we’ve been working to find a way for IIW to not just happen, but to ensure it offers opportunities for working together as it always has. 
 
Over the past three weeks we have been developing a plan to host IIW virtually using a tool specifically designed for remote Open Space (unConference) events called Qiqo Chat (https://qiqochat.com ). After reviewing the tool and how it’s been used for other Open Space events, we’re confident that it will allow IIWXXX to continue at the end of April with the same kinds of high quality interactions and discussion that have been the hallmark of IIW for the past 15 years. 
 
Over the coming few weeks, we will communicate more fully about how this will work. But, we’re still planning for IIWXXX to happen Apr 28-30, 2020.
 
  • We will have an Opening Circle each day where we set the agenda
  • People will propose and host sessions, and  sessions will be held in breakout spaces
  • After the end of sessions for the day, we’ll do a Closing Circle w/ Open Gifting ~ just like we always do
  • We will still hold Demo Sessions and the Tech Sandbox Fair
  • We will still publish the Book of Proceedings with notes from all the sessions
  • And, since we can’t have a celebratory cake, we’re planning on a Commemorative T-shirt for everyone, that is included with registration
  • We won’t have Rich, our favorite barista, or a snack table, but we will still have the same high-quality discussions and working sessions that make IIW a unique event
 
If you’re already registered for IIW, then you’re set. The only thing to do is cancel any travel plans. 
 
If you haven’t registered yet, please do so at:  https://iiw30.eventbrite.com
 
If you’re a sponsor, Phil will be in touch soon. 
 
We’re excited to try IIW in a new way and open it up to new people who might not have come otherwise. Our theme for IIW XXX is 
 
IIWXXX
15 Years
30 Events
∞ Friendships
 
Because of those friendships, we’re confident that the IIW community will come together and make the 30th IIW the best ever. 
 
Thank you! 
 
Kaliya, Heidi, Doc, and Phil
https://internetidentityworkshop.com
 



Twitter
Facebook
Website

Copyright © 2019 Internet Identity Workshop, All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list






This email was sent to eric@...
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Internet Identity Workshop · 151 S 1150 East · Lindon, UT 84042 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp


Secure Data Storage call

Balázs Némethi
 

Dear all,

The Secure Data Storage call is here! 
I want to invite everyone interested in joining the first scoping call for the Secure Data Storage (joint working group between DIF and W3C CCG) to sign up using this google form. 
I will join the next CCG meeting to provide background and invite folks again. 
(the form will send a calendar invite to your email address) 


SDS scoping call 


details: 
Time:  12 pm EST 13th March, Friday. (9 am PST or 5 pm CET) 
Meeting ID: 884 468 271
Scoping documenthere <-- this is the document we will use to capture the language 
This call (similarly to Superfriends) will be non-IPR protected; please do not talk about specs.

--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF


Re: Study group in Kansai (Japan)

martin@...
 

I do not know what the "PoC project using uPort" means but I am happy to learn about it ^_^. About the web meeting tools: Not sure we will create content that anybody wants to watch, other than that: I am planning to prepare a video setup before the meeting.
 
yours
Martin Heidegger


Re: Study group in Kansai (Japan)

Naohiro Fujie
 

Hi Martin,

Any plan to publish online via kind of web meeting tools?

Naohiro

2020年3月10日(火) 15:56 Naohiro Fujie via Groups.Io <naohiro.fujie=eidentity.jp@groups.io>:

Hello Martin,

Thanks!
I can explain about our PoC project using uPort.

Regards,
Naohiro


2020年3月10日(火) 15:33 <martin@...>:
Hello Naohiro,

thank you for answering to the document. I published an event for the DID study session & would be happy if you could sign up.

https://georepublic.connpass.com/event/170312/

yours
Martin Heidegger