Date   

Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 23 May 2022

Markus Sabadello
 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 23 May 2022 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. [Christoph] Displaying / rendering the content of a DID document
  5. Other topics?


Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 09 May 2022

Markus Sabadello
 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 09 May 2022 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. DIF comment on identifiers in the new Ecodesign for Sustainable Products Regulation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yMmu92iPWr7zBGjXUlgQhn3gGOwEiE59Iei1Y4stf7g/
  5. Other topics?


DWeb Camp 2022

Charles E. Lehner
 

Dear W3C CCG and DIF I&D WG,

DWeb Camp is happening this year! August 24th-28th, at Camp Navarro, CA, USA:
https://dwebcamp.org/

Here is a description of its purpose and philosophy:
https://dwebcamp.org/our-mission/
https://getdweb.net/principles/

The goal of DWeb Camp is to create a collaborative space for people to
connect, learn, share, and have fun as we work towards building a
better, decentralized web. A web that actualizes the principles of
trust, human agency, mutual respect, and ecological awareness.
Registration is open: https://buytickets.at/gatheringsforgood/683906

Volunteers are needed: https://dwebcamp.org/participate/

There is a fellowship program taking applications: https://dwebcamp.org/fellowships/

You can propose a project or workshop/talk: https://dwebcamp.org/proposals/

Sponsorship opportunities are available: https://ia801505.us.archive.org/12/items/dweb-camp-2022-sponsorship-opportunities/DWeb%20Camp%202022%20Sponsorship%20Opportunities.pdf

For interested volunteers, the setup period is August 22-23rd and take-down is August 28-29th.

The Internet Archive and volunteers previously hosted DWeb Camp 2019:
https://2019.dwebcamp.org/
https://dwebcamp2019.sched.com/
https://archive.org/details/dwebcamp2019

Here are some reflections on DWeb Camp 2019 from Jolocom:
https://jolocom.io/blog/dweb-camp-2019/
and from the Secure Scuttlebutt community:
https://viewer.scuttlebot.io/%25wqSr67eznU6uTGjpWJQCcZIXRYmAD7amJexpS4ddIp8%3D.sha256

Previously, there was Decentralized Web Summit 2016 and 2018:
https://2016.decentralizedweb.net/
https://decentralizedweb.net/ (2018)
https://decentralizedwebsummit2018.sched.com/

More info about the history and progression: https://getdweb.net/origin-story/

At these events, many projects have been represented, such as SOLID, Matrix, IPFS, GUN, Secure Scuttlebutt, and LibreRouter. (A lot more than this, really)

In 2018, a CCG work item was represented, the BTCR DID Method (Christopher Allen, Kim Hamilton Duffy); as was DIF's Universal Resolver (Markus Sabadello):
https://decentralizedweb.net/science-fair/

I've also mentioned this DWeb Camp here: https://matrix.org/blog/2022/04/14/this-week-in-matrix-2022-04-14#dweb-camp
and here: https://viewer.scuttlebot.io/%25qXTEgW9IDL4wkFrRmG4klZCHLKvxg5%2FA4IyyX1SlEpY%3D.sha256

I hope this information is useful, and that we may see eachother there!

Sincerely,
Charles E. Lehner


Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 31 January 2022

Markus Sabadello
 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 31 January 2022 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. Community browser extension and abstract wallet architecture (continued topic from last week)
  5. Other topics?


Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 17 January 2022

Markus Sabadello
 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 17 January 2022 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. [Daniel] Begin work on DID Authn and Authz DOM APIs as a first contribution to a set of Web platform enhancements
  5. Other topics?


Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 20 December 2021

Markus Sabadello
 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 20 December 2021 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. Short updates regarding Universal Resolver
  5. Continued discussion of did:keri
    • Witnesses and resolution
  6. Other topics?


Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 06 December 2021

Markus Sabadello
 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 06 December 2021 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. Vacation schedule?
  5. Continued discussion of did:keri and relation to other DID methods
  6. did:oyd method introduction: content-based addressing, does not rely on a blockchain, using event log for updates
  7. Other topics?


Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 22 November 2021

Markus Sabadello
 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 22 November 2021 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. [Jolocom team] Current status of did:keri, and adding it as a work item to the ID WG.
  5. Other topics?


No DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 08 November 2021

Markus Sabadello
 

ID WG Meeting is canceled today, unfortunately we did not have enough
time to prepare an agenda.

Next meeting will be on 22 November 2021, see agenda page here:
https://github.com/decentralized-identity/identifiers-discovery/blob/main/agenda.md

Sorry for late notice...

Markus


Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 25 October 2021

Markus Sabadello
 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 25 October 2021 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. Check status of work items: https://github.com/decentralized-identity/identifiers-discovery/issues
  5. Check status of work item calls: https://github.com/decentralized-identity/identifiers-discovery/blob/main/agenda.md#special-work-item-calls
  6. Discuss next goals/milestones of the I&D WG.
  7. Other topics?


Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 27 September 2021

Markus Sabadello
 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 27 September 2021 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. US mobile driver's license comment period: https://www.regulations.gov/commenton/DHS-2020-0028-0001
  5. Status of work items: https://github.com/decentralized-identity/identifiers-discovery/issues
  6. Other topics?


Re: Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 13 September 2021

Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web)
 

RE: We however spent the entire call on the (very interesting!) presentation by Liam McCarty, and ran out of time to cover the other agenda items such as the DID Core discussion.

#saved

 

From: id-wg@... <id-wg@...> On Behalf Of Markus Sabadello
Sent: September 15, 2021 12:40 PM
To: id-wg@...; id-wg@DIF.groups.io
Subject: Re: [id-wg] Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 13 September 2021

 

Hello Michael,

The recording from this call is here:
https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/BVc7JQmm2GXuY4HbHSXwk_gA_nVLV4GH42d19URVxIe6Q3S-LuUWszFSWLwH2uza.x7K2nTmpwSw-yjKO

And some minutes are here:
https://github.com/decentralized-identity/identifiers-discovery/blob/main/agenda.md#meeting---13-september-2021---1400-et-recording

We however spent the entire call on the (very interesting!) presentation by Liam McCarty, and ran out of time to cover the other agenda items such as the DID Core discussion.

Markus

On 15.09.21 18:24, Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web) wrote:

Are there minutes or a recording of this call? I’m sorry I missed the DID Core discussion.

 

Reference my earlier reply to the DID Core objections: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/2021Sep/0002.html

 

Michael Herman

 

From: id-wg@... <id-wg@...> On Behalf Of Markus Sabadello
Sent: September 12, 2021 10:41 PM
To: id-wg@DIF.groups.io
Subject: [id-wg] Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 13 September 2021

 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 13 September 2021 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. Change call schedule to bi-weekly?
  5. [Liam McCarty, Unum ID] Bridging the Digital and Physical to Make Identifiers That Identify
    • Identifiers are only useful if they identify, which requires them to be reliably associated with people and things. In this talk, Liam McCarty of Unum ID will explain how to make such associations by leveraging the modern infrastructure of secure hardware and device biometrics. But he will also show that there’s currently a wide gap between how available this infrastructure is to different types of applications, and he will argue that this has been a significant barrier to adoption of decentralized identity systems. Finally, he will outline a path toward closing the gap and stress the importance of public advocacy in achieving that goal, which will finally make possible identifiers that identify.
  1. Discuss Mozilla's Formal Objection against DID Core, and response by DIF:
  1. Look through work item issues: https://github.com/decentralized-identity/identifiers-discovery/issues
  2. Other topics


Re: Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 13 September 2021

Markus Sabadello
 

Hello Michael,

The recording from this call is here:
https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/BVc7JQmm2GXuY4HbHSXwk_gA_nVLV4GH42d19URVxIe6Q3S-LuUWszFSWLwH2uza.x7K2nTmpwSw-yjKO

And some minutes are here:
https://github.com/decentralized-identity/identifiers-discovery/blob/main/agenda.md#meeting---13-september-2021---1400-et-recording

We however spent the entire call on the (very interesting!) presentation by Liam McCarty, and ran out of time to cover the other agenda items such as the DID Core discussion.

Markus

On 15.09.21 18:24, Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web) wrote:

Are there minutes or a recording of this call? I’m sorry I missed the DID Core discussion.

 

Reference my earlier reply to the DID Core objections: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/2021Sep/0002.html

 

Michael Herman

 

From: id-wg@... <id-wg@...> On Behalf Of Markus Sabadello
Sent: September 12, 2021 10:41 PM
To: id-wg@DIF.groups.io
Subject: [id-wg] Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 13 September 2021

 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 13 September 2021 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. Change call schedule to bi-weekly?
  5. [Liam McCarty, Unum ID] Bridging the Digital and Physical to Make Identifiers That Identify
    • Identifiers are only useful if they identify, which requires them to be reliably associated with people and things. In this talk, Liam McCarty of Unum ID will explain how to make such associations by leveraging the modern infrastructure of secure hardware and device biometrics. But he will also show that there’s currently a wide gap between how available this infrastructure is to different types of applications, and he will argue that this has been a significant barrier to adoption of decentralized identity systems. Finally, he will outline a path toward closing the gap and stress the importance of public advocacy in achieving that goal, which will finally make possible identifiers that identify.
  1. Discuss Mozilla's Formal Objection against DID Core, and response by DIF:
  1. Look through work item issues: https://github.com/decentralized-identity/identifiers-discovery/issues
  2. Other topics


Re: Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 13 September 2021

Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web)
 

Are there minutes or a recording of this call? I’m sorry I missed the DID Core discussion.

 

Reference my earlier reply to the DID Core objections: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/2021Sep/0002.html

 

Michael Herman

 

From: id-wg@... <id-wg@...> On Behalf Of Markus Sabadello
Sent: September 12, 2021 10:41 PM
To: id-wg@DIF.groups.io
Subject: [id-wg] Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 13 September 2021

 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 13 September 2021 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. Change call schedule to bi-weekly?
  5. [Liam McCarty, Unum ID] Bridging the Digital and Physical to Make Identifiers That Identify
    • Identifiers are only useful if they identify, which requires them to be reliably associated with people and things. In this talk, Liam McCarty of Unum ID will explain how to make such associations by leveraging the modern infrastructure of secure hardware and device biometrics. But he will also show that there’s currently a wide gap between how available this infrastructure is to different types of applications, and he will argue that this has been a significant barrier to adoption of decentralized identity systems. Finally, he will outline a path toward closing the gap and stress the importance of public advocacy in achieving that goal, which will finally make possible identifiers that identify.
  1. Discuss Mozilla's Formal Objection against DID Core, and response by DIF:
  1. Look through work item issues: https://github.com/decentralized-identity/identifiers-discovery/issues
  2. Other topics


Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 13 September 2021

Markus Sabadello
 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 13 September 2021 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. Change call schedule to bi-weekly?
  5. [Liam McCarty, Unum ID] Bridging the Digital and Physical to Make Identifiers That Identify
    • Identifiers are only useful if they identify, which requires them to be reliably associated with people and things. In this talk, Liam McCarty of Unum ID will explain how to make such associations by leveraging the modern infrastructure of secure hardware and device biometrics. But he will also show that there’s currently a wide gap between how available this infrastructure is to different types of applications, and he will argue that this has been a significant barrier to adoption of decentralized identity systems. Finally, he will outline a path toward closing the gap and stress the importance of public advocacy in achieving that goal, which will finally make possible identifiers that identify.
  6. Discuss Mozilla's Formal Objection against DID Core, and response by DIF:
  7. Look through work item issues: https://github.com/decentralized-identity/identifiers-discovery/issues
  8. Other topics


Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 06 September 2021

Markus Sabadello
 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 06 September 2021 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. Discuss Mozilla's Formal Objection against DID Core, and response by DIF:
  5. Discussion in Slack: If you receive a message from a DID, what are approaches to information discovery on that DID?


Updated: DIF Universal Resolver / Radically Open Security

Markus Sabadello
 

markus@... has invited you to DIF Universal Resolver / Radically Open Security


Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 26 July 2021

Markus Sabadello
 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 26 July 2021 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. Update on Work Items
  5. Continue discussion on historical key resolution?


Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 19 July 2021

Markus Sabadello
 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 19 July 2021 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. Update on W3C DID Core
  5. Update on ID WG Work Items
  6. Discuss ID WG call schedule
  7. Universal Resolver returning a key in a given format (e.g., JWK(S))
  8. Other topics?


Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 12 July 2021

Markus Sabadello
 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 12 July 2021 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. [Daniel] Historical key resolution
  5. Other topics?

1 - 20 of 58