Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 13 September 2021


Markus Sabadello
 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 13 September 2021 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. Change call schedule to bi-weekly?
  5. [Liam McCarty, Unum ID] Bridging the Digital and Physical to Make Identifiers That Identify
    • Identifiers are only useful if they identify, which requires them to be reliably associated with people and things. In this talk, Liam McCarty of Unum ID will explain how to make such associations by leveraging the modern infrastructure of secure hardware and device biometrics. But he will also show that there’s currently a wide gap between how available this infrastructure is to different types of applications, and he will argue that this has been a significant barrier to adoption of decentralized identity systems. Finally, he will outline a path toward closing the gap and stress the importance of public advocacy in achieving that goal, which will finally make possible identifiers that identify.
  6. Discuss Mozilla's Formal Objection against DID Core, and response by DIF:
  7. Look through work item issues: https://github.com/decentralized-identity/identifiers-discovery/issues
  8. Other topics


Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web)
 

Are there minutes or a recording of this call? I’m sorry I missed the DID Core discussion.

 

Reference my earlier reply to the DID Core objections: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/2021Sep/0002.html

 

Michael Herman

 

From: id-wg@... <id-wg@...> On Behalf Of Markus Sabadello
Sent: September 12, 2021 10:41 PM
To: id-wg@DIF.groups.io
Subject: [id-wg] Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 13 September 2021

 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 13 September 2021 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. Change call schedule to bi-weekly?
  5. [Liam McCarty, Unum ID] Bridging the Digital and Physical to Make Identifiers That Identify
    • Identifiers are only useful if they identify, which requires them to be reliably associated with people and things. In this talk, Liam McCarty of Unum ID will explain how to make such associations by leveraging the modern infrastructure of secure hardware and device biometrics. But he will also show that there’s currently a wide gap between how available this infrastructure is to different types of applications, and he will argue that this has been a significant barrier to adoption of decentralized identity systems. Finally, he will outline a path toward closing the gap and stress the importance of public advocacy in achieving that goal, which will finally make possible identifiers that identify.
  1. Discuss Mozilla's Formal Objection against DID Core, and response by DIF:
  1. Look through work item issues: https://github.com/decentralized-identity/identifiers-discovery/issues
  2. Other topics


Markus Sabadello
 

Hello Michael,

The recording from this call is here:
https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/BVc7JQmm2GXuY4HbHSXwk_gA_nVLV4GH42d19URVxIe6Q3S-LuUWszFSWLwH2uza.x7K2nTmpwSw-yjKO

And some minutes are here:
https://github.com/decentralized-identity/identifiers-discovery/blob/main/agenda.md#meeting---13-september-2021---1400-et-recording

We however spent the entire call on the (very interesting!) presentation by Liam McCarty, and ran out of time to cover the other agenda items such as the DID Core discussion.

Markus

On 15.09.21 18:24, Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web) wrote:

Are there minutes or a recording of this call? I’m sorry I missed the DID Core discussion.

 

Reference my earlier reply to the DID Core objections: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/2021Sep/0002.html

 

Michael Herman

 

From: id-wg@... <id-wg@...> On Behalf Of Markus Sabadello
Sent: September 12, 2021 10:41 PM
To: id-wg@DIF.groups.io
Subject: [id-wg] Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 13 September 2021

 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 13 September 2021 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. Change call schedule to bi-weekly?
  5. [Liam McCarty, Unum ID] Bridging the Digital and Physical to Make Identifiers That Identify
    • Identifiers are only useful if they identify, which requires them to be reliably associated with people and things. In this talk, Liam McCarty of Unum ID will explain how to make such associations by leveraging the modern infrastructure of secure hardware and device biometrics. But he will also show that there’s currently a wide gap between how available this infrastructure is to different types of applications, and he will argue that this has been a significant barrier to adoption of decentralized identity systems. Finally, he will outline a path toward closing the gap and stress the importance of public advocacy in achieving that goal, which will finally make possible identifiers that identify.
  1. Discuss Mozilla's Formal Objection against DID Core, and response by DIF:
  1. Look through work item issues: https://github.com/decentralized-identity/identifiers-discovery/issues
  2. Other topics


Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web)
 

RE: We however spent the entire call on the (very interesting!) presentation by Liam McCarty, and ran out of time to cover the other agenda items such as the DID Core discussion.

#saved

 

From: id-wg@... <id-wg@...> On Behalf Of Markus Sabadello
Sent: September 15, 2021 12:40 PM
To: id-wg@...; id-wg@DIF.groups.io
Subject: Re: [id-wg] Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 13 September 2021

 

Hello Michael,

The recording from this call is here:
https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/BVc7JQmm2GXuY4HbHSXwk_gA_nVLV4GH42d19URVxIe6Q3S-LuUWszFSWLwH2uza.x7K2nTmpwSw-yjKO

And some minutes are here:
https://github.com/decentralized-identity/identifiers-discovery/blob/main/agenda.md#meeting---13-september-2021---1400-et-recording

We however spent the entire call on the (very interesting!) presentation by Liam McCarty, and ran out of time to cover the other agenda items such as the DID Core discussion.

Markus

On 15.09.21 18:24, Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web) wrote:

Are there minutes or a recording of this call? I’m sorry I missed the DID Core discussion.

 

Reference my earlier reply to the DID Core objections: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/2021Sep/0002.html

 

Michael Herman

 

From: id-wg@... <id-wg@...> On Behalf Of Markus Sabadello
Sent: September 12, 2021 10:41 PM
To: id-wg@DIF.groups.io
Subject: [id-wg] Agenda: DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Meeting on Monday 13 September 2021

 

DIF Identifiers and Discovery WG Weekly Meeting

Meeting page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gV99R7G2bUlRerxznyd0ucwWPfc1v2F2gQVaTawIPYI/
Time: Every Monday, 11:00-12:00 PT

Meeting - 13 September 2021 - (1400 ET)

Agenda

  1. Welcome and introductions
  2. ID WG participation tracking
  3. Agenda creation/review/prioritization
  4. Change call schedule to bi-weekly?
  5. [Liam McCarty, Unum ID] Bridging the Digital and Physical to Make Identifiers That Identify
    • Identifiers are only useful if they identify, which requires them to be reliably associated with people and things. In this talk, Liam McCarty of Unum ID will explain how to make such associations by leveraging the modern infrastructure of secure hardware and device biometrics. But he will also show that there’s currently a wide gap between how available this infrastructure is to different types of applications, and he will argue that this has been a significant barrier to adoption of decentralized identity systems. Finally, he will outline a path toward closing the gap and stress the importance of public advocacy in achieving that goal, which will finally make possible identifiers that identify.
  1. Discuss Mozilla's Formal Objection against DID Core, and response by DIF:
  1. Look through work item issues: https://github.com/decentralized-identity/identifiers-discovery/issues
  2. Other topics