Date   

Re: DIF All-Hands Meeting 5th Jan 2022

Dayna Kully
 

Sorry to bother you again.  I had several people reach out re: today’s meeting.   It wasn’t on my calendar (nor theirs).   The recurring meeting was on my calendar each week so not sure if this is a new invite, process, etc.    How do we ensure we get meeting invites for DIF going forward?   If you’re not the right person, please let me know to whom I should address these questions.  Thank you and Happy New Year!


D

 

Dayna L. Kully

Co-Founder

5thGenWireless, L.L.C

602 840 7272 w

602 573 5100 c

dayna@...

 

 

 

From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Balázs Némethi via lists.identity.foundation
Sent: Wednesday, January 5, 2022 9:47 AM
To: main@...
Subject: Re: [DIF] DIF All-Hands Meeting 5th Jan 2022

 

Hi Dayna,

 

Program details and timing info (we aim to accommodate multiple timezones) to follow shortly. The starting and ending times of the event are not yet final. 

 

We will update participants via Eventbrite about a more detailed schedule. 

 

If anyone is interested in contributing to organizing the event, please reach out to us. 

 

Thank you, 

Balazs


Re: DIF All-Hands Meeting 5th Jan 2022

Dayna Kully
 

Thanks!

 

From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Balázs Némethi via lists.identity.foundation
Sent: Wednesday, January 5, 2022 9:47 AM
To: main@...
Subject: Re: [DIF] DIF All-Hands Meeting 5th Jan 2022

 

Hi Dayna,

 

Program details and timing info (we aim to accommodate multiple timezones) to follow shortly. The starting and ending times of the event are not yet final. 

 

We will update participants via Eventbrite about a more detailed schedule. 

 

If anyone is interested in contributing to organizing the event, please reach out to us. 

 

Thank you, 

Balazs


Re: DIF All-Hands Meeting 5th Jan 2022

Balázs Némethi
 

Hi Dayna,

 

Program details and timing info (we aim to accommodate multiple timezones) to follow shortly. The starting and ending times of the event are not yet final. 

 

We will update participants via Eventbrite about a more detailed schedule. 

 

If anyone is interested in contributing to organizing the event, please reach out to us. 

 

Thank you, 

Balazs


Re: DIF All-Hands Meeting 5th Jan 2022

Dayna Kully
 

Hello .. is the event on Feb 24th from 2am – noon MST?   Just checking that it came up correctly on my calendar.  Thanks.

Dayna

 

From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Chris Kelly via lists.identity.foundation
Sent: Tuesday, January 4, 2022 12:46 PM
To: main@...
Subject: [DIF] DIF All-Hands Meeting 5th Jan 2022

 

Hi all and happy new year!

A quick reminder that our first monthly all-hands meeting of the year is taking place tomorrow, Wednesday 5th Jan at 5pm CET/8am PST. There are not too many technical updates to share as a result of the holiday period but stop by tomorrow to discuss our agenda for 2022, organizational updates (we are hiring!) and our exciting virtual face-to-face event in February. Don't forget to save the date: February 24th 2022.

We look forward to welcoming you on the call!

 


DIF All-Hands Meeting 5th Jan 2022

Chris Kelly
 

Hi all and happy new year!

A quick reminder that our first monthly all-hands meeting of the year is taking place tomorrow, Wednesday 5th Jan at 5pm CET/8am PST. There are not too many technical updates to share as a result of the holiday period but stop by tomorrow to discuss our agenda for 2022, organizational updates (we are hiring!) and our exciting virtual face-to-face event in February. Don't forget to save the date: February 24th 2022.

We look forward to welcoming you on the call!

 


Re: DIF all-hands meeting - Wednesday

Snorre Lothar von Gohren Edwin
 

I believe Balazs meant the 8th of December, see you all in 3 weeks!


On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 3:15 PM Balázs Némethi <balazs@...> wrote:
Dear all,

Apologies for this email. The next all-hands meeting will take place in 3 weeks on the 8th of November. 
This e-mail was sent by automation that went wild. 

See you in 3 weeks! 



On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 3:00 PM Balázs Némethi <balazs@...> wrote:
Dear all,

We would like to extend the all-hands meeting invite. 
We will cover the most recent WG updates and topics affecting the foundation's community during the meeting. 

One of the topics we will cover during this meeting is the recent release of a joint statement of support for the Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs) v1.0 specification becoming a W3C Standard.

We are looking forward to welcoming many of you to the call.


When: 
Wednesday, 10th, November, 11 am ET. 
Calendar entry here

Best regards, 

--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF


--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF



--
Snorre Lothar von Gohren Edwin
Co-Founder & CTO, Diwala
+47 411 611 94
www.diwala.io


Stay on top of Diwala news on social media! Facebook / LinkedIn / Instagram / Twitter


Re: DIF all-hands meeting - Wednesday

Balázs Némethi
 

Dear all,

Apologies for this email. The next all-hands meeting will take place in 3 weeks on the 8th of November. 
This e-mail was sent by automation that went wild. 

See you in 3 weeks! 



On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 3:00 PM Balázs Némethi <balazs@...> wrote:
Dear all,

We would like to extend the all-hands meeting invite. 
We will cover the most recent WG updates and topics affecting the foundation's community during the meeting. 

One of the topics we will cover during this meeting is the recent release of a joint statement of support for the Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs) v1.0 specification becoming a W3C Standard.

We are looking forward to welcoming many of you to the call.


When: 
Wednesday, 10th, November, 11 am ET. 
Calendar entry here

Best regards, 

--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF


--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF


DIF all-hands meeting - Wednesday

Balázs Némethi
 

Dear all,

We would like to extend the all-hands meeting invite. 
We will cover the most recent WG updates and topics affecting the foundation's community during the meeting. 

One of the topics we will cover during this meeting is the recent release of a joint statement of support for the Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs) v1.0 specification becoming a W3C Standard.

We are looking forward to welcoming many of you to the call.


When: 
Wednesday, 10th, November, 11 am ET. 
Calendar entry here

Best regards, 

--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF


all-hands meeting invite

Balázs Némethi
 

Dear all,

We are delighted to invite you to the monthly all-hands meeting.

As usual, we will provide a short update on each WG to keep the members up to date on all work items, followed by a discussion.

This meeting is valuable for members who are unable to attend every WG meeting.

The meeting takes place at 11 am ET, 5 pm CET.
Here is a google calendar entry you can copy. 

Best regards, 

--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF


All-hands reminder

Balázs Némethi
 

Dear all,

Come to the DIF All-hands meeting tomorrow to round up the community's last 4 weeks' activity.
 
On the agenda are working group updates, a discussion on making information at DIF more accessible, and exciting news about DIF’s first grant supporting a JWS test suite. 
The meeting is open to anyone at 11 am ET / 5 pm CET.

We are looking forward to seeing you. If you have any questions or topics for the agenda, please reply directly to me,

 
best regards


--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF


DIF bi-weekly reminder

Balázs Némethi
 

Dear all,

This is a reminder that DIF's Bi-weekly open call is happening tomorrow at 11 am ET / 8 am PT / 4 pm CET / 11 pm CST. - (Summer timezone shift difference) 

In the first half-hour, we will discuss the group updates, and we will spend the second half of the meeting discussing this week's topic:
  • DIF Grant/Bounty program - how to
Meeting page with agenda: here
Sign-up for the meeting: here

If you have any topics to discuss, please bring them to the meeting or reply to this thread. 

See you all tomorrow, 

--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF


Zoom links and timezones

Balázs Némethi
 

Dear all,

We updated every zoom link in DIF's calendar to avoid future meeting overlaps. 
Please double-check or re-import DIF's calendar

Furthermore, the notorious time zone shift is starting on the 15th March. Since DIF hosts all its meetings in the ET time zone, please be aware that the usual meeting times might differ for 2 weeks, starting on the 15th March, due to differences when countries switch to Summertime. 

Best regards, 


--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF


DIF - Bi-weekly reminder for 4th March

Balázs Némethi
 

Dear all,

This is a reminder that DIF's Bi-weekly open call is happening tomorrow at 11 am ET / 8 am PT / 5 pm CET / 12 am CST.

In the first half-hour, we will discuss the group updates, and we will spend the second half of the meeting discussing this week's topic:
Meeting page with agenda: here
Sign-up for the meeting: here

If you have any topics to discuss, please bring them to the meeting or reply to this thread. 

See you all tomorrow, 

--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF


DIF biweekly reminder for 3rd Feb

Balázs Némethi
 

Dear all,

See you tomorrow at the DIF biweekly meeting at 11 am ET / 8 am PT / 5 pm CET / 12 am CST.

In the first half-hour, we will discuss the group updates.
The second half of the meeting discussing this week's topic:
Meeting page with agenda: here
Sign-up for the meeting: here


If you have any topics to discuss, please bring them to the meeting. 

See you all tomorrow, 

--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF


DIF bi-weekly reminder

Balázs Némethi
 

Dear all,

Happy new year, and decentralized identity for you :) 

This is a reminder for tomorrow's bi-weekly DIF call. 

During the first half of the meeting, we will review (as usual) the Working Group updates. 
The second part of the meeting will focus on the scheduling and planning the DIF F2F Virtual conference. (Sign up here)

Notes for tomorrow's meeting on GitHub

See you all tomorrow, 

--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF


DIF - Bi-weekly reminder for 9th Dec

Balázs Némethi
 

Dear all,

This is a reminder that DIF's Bi-weekly open call is happening tomorrow at 11 am ET / 8 am PT / 5 pm CET / 12 am CST.

In the first half-hour, we will discuss the group updates, and we will spend the second half of the meeting discussing this week's topic:
  • DIF F2F Virtual 
  • GitHub teams at DIF

Meeting page with agenda: here
Sign-up for the meeting: here

If you have any topics to discuss, please bring them to the meeting or reply to this thread. 

See you all tomorrow, 


--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF


DIF - Bi-weekly agenda

Balázs Némethi
 

Dear all,

This is a reminder that DIF's Bi-weekly open call is happening tomorrow at 11 am ET / 8 am PT / 5 pm CET / 12 am CST.

In the first half-hour, we will discuss the group updates, and we will spend the second half of the meeting discussing this week's topic:

Meeting page: here
Sign-up for the meeting: here


Discussion topic: 
The steering committee has been discussing (and establishing relative priorities between) some goals to structure their strategic plan for 2021.  We are curious to take a temperature reading on how the general membership might prioritize the goals given the same options.

Please fill out this very short opinion poll and help the SC's work on setting the right strategies.  

--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF


Claims & Credentials WG Today: Universal Wallet, OpenID Meets VCs

Wayne Chang
 

Hi! My name is Wayne Chang and I'm a chair of the DIF C&C WG. You might not be used to getting mail from this list, but I wanted to remind you about some especially interesting identity discussions. :)

For the DIF Claims & Credentials Working Group, we have a meeting at 3 PM ET today (in about 3 hours). You can find the calendar invite by adding decentralized.identity@gmail.com to your shared calendars. I have also included to the connection information at the end of this email. We are encouraging members to continue follow-up discussions on the open C&C mailing list, which you can sign up for by sending an email with any subject and body to cc-wg+subscribe@DIF.groups.io.

Here's today's exciting agenda:

1. Updates and Announcements (2 mins)

2. Universal Wallet - Orie Steele (15 min presentation, 5 min Q&A)
Link: https://transmute-industries.github.io/universal-wallet/
Why it matters:
We need a standard way to port everything from one wallet to another, no matter which vendor provides the wallet. This is how we free users from lock-in.

3. OpenID Client Bound End-User Assertion - Tobias Looker (15 min presentation, 5 min Q&A)
Link: https://github.com/mattrglobal/oidc-client-bound-assertions-spec
Why it matters:
For the longest time, the community has wanted to define possible interactions between our credentials and the OpenID Connect tokens, which bring an identity layer to OAuth2. This is a thought-out and specific method towards exactly that.

4. ZKP Blog Post (remainder)
Link: https://hackmd.io/BWNV_xwDQ_at1fR34IHMYA
Why it matters:
DIF wants to announce its collaboration on ZKP schemes and intents moving forward. We should agree on the messaging and scope of this today.

Best,
- Wayne


-----
Topic: Claims & Credentials WG - Bi-Weekly Meeting


Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81498334461?pwd=MFNyL2NkU0R0dGZxalhiSVJDNTNoUT09

Meeting ID: 814 9833 4461
Password: 880986
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,81498334461#,,1#,880986# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,81498334461#,,1#,880986# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 814 9833 4461
Password: 880986
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbfXLxrwUQ


Secure Data Storage meeting - this Friday

Balázs Némethi
 

Dear all,

If you are interested in joining the initiative to work on Secure Data Storage, please enter the call this Friday. details below: 

1st Secure Data Storage Meeting (formerly IdH/PDS/EDV or "Superfriends")
  • The goal of the first call is to start the alignment on scope, requirements, and use cases for the future joint Working Group between W3C CCG and DIF. The call is open for everyone.
  • SDS: Specification for a foundational layer for secure data storage (including personal data), specifically data models for storage and transport, syntax, data at rest protection, CRUD API, access control, synchronization, and a minimum viable HTTP-based interface compatible with W3C DIDs/VCs.
  • Time: 12 pm ET - 13th March, Friday. (9 am PST or 5 pm CET)
  • Sign up for the call here. (To receive a Calendar invite)
  • We promptly ask everyone to avoid discussions on solutions, as this call is not yet IPR protected
best regards,

--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF


Glossary project - survey

Balázs Némethi
 

Good morning,

The DIF Glossary Project is kicking off work through bi-weekly community calls. The call invite and details are available here. (copy the event to your calendar)  We welcome anyone who is interested to join the discussion. 

  •  We are currently selecting the first terms to focus on, and we want your input. Please complete the 2 question survey to cast your vote. Responses will be reviewed during the call on the 25th.   

As a reminder, the goal of this project is to facilitate the emergence of contextualized vocabulary that is widely accepted across the decentralized identity community/industry. Together we will be working across the whole range of projects and efforts to understand what language is currently being used and to invite understanding and support convergence on some core definitions. We will do this in an open and transparent manner that is as inclusive as possible. We are not (re)creating a comprehensive taxonomy but rather are focusing on a few key terms that are especially critical for wider adoption. 


Thank you.

--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF

1 - 20 of 36